Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Famous People You've "Bumped Into"

Inspired by a website operator's revelation (we'll call him 'Sir S.' to protect his identity) of meeting one of the letters from Run DMC, what notable persons have all of you met in your lives?

Laundry list style, for me: (stories to follow, perhaps)
    Weird Al Yankovic
    Pat O'Brien
    Bart Connor
    Kenny Baker
    Jm J Bullock
    Roy Rogers

Well?
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm going to leave out conventions, because that isn't really "bumping into":

Mariah Carey (I worked on the Batman ride in NJ when it first opened. . .got to strap her in)

Boyz II Men (same as above)

Rza aka Bobby Digital (Leading member of the Wu Tang Clan, met at Toys R Us)

Craig Biggio (All Star 2nd Baseman for the Houston Astros, also met at Toys R Us)

Kevin Smith (Director, Actor, met numerous times in Red Bank, NJ)
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Well I haven't run into anybody (who comes to Oklahoma??) but I did get to do a Q&A with Bob Bergan with a friend not too long ago.

(Bob Bergan does the voice of Luke in games like Rogue Leader as such)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The Edge, at a Jimi Hendrix exhibition.
    The pictures all cost 10,000+ and he was walking around ticking off the ones he wanted.
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

My friends and I ran into Jerry Springer at the airport. It was weird realizing how short he is.

Met Mr. T at the hotel I was staying at in Honolulu. (Back in the A-Team days)

Briefly met John Elway, also at the airport.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

Jonna
    Well, alot of musicians. I guess the most famous is Robert Smith and the boys from The Cure.

Kevin Smith (from when I use to hang out in Red Bank, NJ)

The old guy from the TV show Coach.

A friend of mine was in the movie 200 Cigarettes

Winona Ryder

Probably a ton of others, but I am usually in my own little world and don't notice people.

I once saw Pen (from Pen and Teller) at a......exotic dance club.....in downtown Waikiki. I think it was Pen, the tall one with glasses.

Anyway, they were on Oahu doing a show. A buddy and I were at Deja Vu's (SP?). I look over and there he is in the corner booth surrounded by like 6......dancers.
    May the force be with you.

I was in the same room with Tom Arnold and his then wife Roseanne, They were at a record store in Ottumwa, IA. I also met and talked with Toby McKeann, the lead rapper of DC talk back in tha day when they were first getting started.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

too many to list. but I had jobs and family connections when I lived in LA that made it an everyday occurrence.

but the one meeting that I think is the coolest, because it was purely random and shocked me so much when I realized it, was one afternoon when I walked down to the corner deli and was standing in line to get a sandwich. When someone is in front of you in a line, you don't see a full-frontal view of their face, so I'm standing there for a good while when I catch part of this guy's profile - all I notice is sorta unkempt hair & whisker stubble like he skipped shaving that day - and something just barely clicks in my head. So, I'm thinking, did I go to school with this person? Is he maybe a clerk at my video store or somewhere? Why do I think I know him?

Then he turned a little more and I realized it was Tom Hanks. And I must've physically jumped a little, like if someone sneaks up on you and says, "BOO !!"

I don't remember for sure, but I think this was before he won any Best Actor awards, but I still liked his work. And I had even shaken his hand once, a few years before that, at the People's Choice Awards, but that was different because there were hundreds of people doing nothing but walking around and shaking hands with everyone else, so I had no illusions he would remember me, or anything.

Anyway, when he did finally turn to leave, I just gave a smile & a nod. There was a very popular rehearsal studio across and about a 1/2 block up the street, so I'm sure that's where he must have been walking to/from.

There were tons of other times I met people, in much more direct ways. I could trash some reputations by telling about some of the folks I partied with, but that would suck. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me.

But the Hanks thing was so cool to me because of how startled I was when it hit me who he was.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    too many to list. but I had jobs and family connections when I lived in LA that made it an everyday occurrence.

but the one meeting that I think is the coolest, because it was purely random and shocked me so much when I realized it, was one afternoon when I walked down to the corner deli and was standing in line to get a sandwich. When someone is in front of you in a line, you don't see a full-frontal view of their face, so I'm standing there for a good while when I catch part of this guy's profile - all I notice is sorta unkempt hair & whisker stubble like he skipped shaving that day - and something just barely clicks in my head. So, I'm thinking, did I go to school with this person? Is he maybe a clerk at my video store or somewhere? Why do I think I know him?

Then he turned a little more and I realized it was Tom Hanks. And I must've physically jumped a little, like if someone sneaks up on you and says, "BOO !!"

I don't remember for sure, but I think this was before he won any Best Actor awards, but I still liked his work. And I had even shaken his hand once, a few years before that, at the People's Choice Awards, but that was different because there were hundreds of people doing nothing but walking around and shaking hands with everyone else, so I had no illusions he would remember me, or anything.

Anyway, when he did finally turn to leave, I just gave a smile & a nod. There was a very popular rehearsal studio across and about a 1/2 block up the street, so I'm sure that's where he must have been walking to/from.

There were tons of other times I met people, in much more direct ways. I could trash some reputations by telling about some of the folks I partied with, but that would suck. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me.

But the Hanks thing was so cool to me because of how startled I was when it hit me who he was.
    Have you met "Bill" Shatner or any other ST or SW affiliate?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!