Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crank Yankers!

Crank Yankers!

That is one of the best new shows on TV. I like how they can show anatomically correct puppets on TV like that and get away with it. My favorite character is Spoonie G and when he calls the Country Club. I also like that monkey. They did a call that was done by the Touchtone Terrorists. One that I heard before. I hope they do the Scooter's Roofing one. I also hope they throw in some Jerky Boys' calls.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I tried sitting through one episode of it. Now I have a chair to replace from all the cringing I did.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Some of the calls aren't so good, but some are just right down hilarious.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I love this show! As scruffzillar said, some calls aren't that good but others are hilarious! Spoony Love... Special "Ed" (I GOT MAIL! YEAAAAH!!)... my favs so far!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

calling a hearing aid store and saying, "WHAT!?!?!" to everything the clerk says - that's freakin' priceless.

the call from the adult products place to the guy's wife, though...
    I was hoping that one was fake, because you could get someone divorced or even stabbed or shot with that kind of joke.

I want a .wav file of special ed saying, "YAY!!!!, YAY!!"
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Swaffy, I have that "Yay! Yay!" thing on CD . . . not from the show itself, but from the guy who does that voice. The guy records all of his real life calls with telemarketers, and they play some of them on the Howard Stern show. Anyway, a friend downloaded a bunch of them, and they're pretty funny.

Do a search on Jim Florentine, you should find some stuff.

Originally posted by SirSteve
    I love this show! As scruffzillar said, some calls aren't that good but others are hilarious! Spoony Love... Special "Ed" (I GOT MAIL! YEAAAAH!!)... my favs so far!
    Oh dang how could I forget Special ED, thanx STEVE!!!!! I WANTA GO TO HAWAII YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

i can't believe i missed last night's episode! the first time i saw it, i said it would be the perfect comedy show as soon as they replaced dennis leary (before i knew it was a rotating cast...) with dave attell, and he was on it last night! dang.

so i've been trying like mad to download the soundbites from http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/crankyankers/

for some reason, i can't actually save anything. but you can listen to a bunch of stuff. if you "dial" 9069 on the phone nav, it takes you to the sound bites...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I hate to say this, but I find this show fairly unfunny. The calls are mostly the same gags and feel like a waste of everybody's time rather than inspired comedy. Personally, I thought the puppet version of the E! Howard Stern show (it was on an ep of Stern, puppets of Stern and all his gang in the actual Stern studio talking, and having puppet flashbacks and imagination sequences during the discussion) was 100 times funnier than this stuff - I'd watch that every week, but Crank Yankers hasn't caught me a second time yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm going to have to watch this show.....
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!