Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Post your worst experiences in Trading/Buying

Well folks I was wondering about some of you bad trading/buying experiences....heres mine and unfortunately was the second trade i did on this board

This all started back in early JUNE

I’ve had a unfortunate and extremely bad trade with someone that frequents forums. He is known at SSG as Wonderboy and at RS as Wonderboy79. He had a post up at SSG about wanting a R2D2 holographic leia Commtech figure. here is a link to that thread

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=8049

I responded to this thread and we worked out a trade on AOL instant messenger. Unfortunately I don’t have any emails actually confirming the trade we set up. But here is the story as it goes. I caught wonderboy79 on AOL instant messenger and worked out a trade for my Commtech r2d2 momc and luke commtech
    moc for his POTJ Amanaman, Saga Chancellor Palpatine plus i sent a money order for $11.00 for a Luke Bespin and Darth Vader Bespin Figures. I sent out the next day and he told me that he sent out the package the very next day also. Well he didn’t use a tracking number or insure my package as i did his. He recieved mine. But the next day he claims his package that was sent to me
    got returned by mistake because he put 418 instead of 413 on my address. Well that at first made me suspious. So he said I’ll send it out the next day which was Saturday.So I wait patiently all week and NO PACKAGE now keep in mind i’ve made trades with people in Wonderboy’s area who sent out the packages after he “claims” he sent mine out.Yet I still recieved the other
    people’s packages but still haven’t got Wonderboys package. So this made me more suspicious. Then one night I IM him 9 times to ask about the situation he ignores my IM’s so i go onto another name and IM him and he immedietly responds and to his surprise it was me. Then I ask him if he has a Tatooine
    Skiff and Skiff guards. He tells me he can aquire one for $15! Which as you know is a awesome price for the skiff plus 7 bucks for the guards. He kept promising that all was well and reassuringme he was not ripping me off and it was the post office fault.. I thought “well maybe”..then he asks me if i have any sneak preview clonetroopers. I tell him i can buy some at wal mart
    where i purchased 12 of them for him I also picked up 2 han endors. He wanted all 14 figures. Well I told him to just pay me the price minus $25 for the skiff and guards. So he owed me $67 . He told me the next day on AOL instant messenger that he was going to pay me using pay pal that night. Then he did
    it again the next night and then again the next night. He was online a long time each time we talked and never paid me like he promised. Also I tried to get his address and telephone number and it was ignored. I asked him 6 different times to email me his address and telephone number but it never happened. Next he tells me he is going to FED EX next day deliver with
    saturday delivery my Skiff and Guards, Saturday came and NO package. Monday came today NO PACKAGE. Well I kept repeatedly asking him three things in emails. I kept sending him emails and when checking the status i saw that
    someone had read them. He claims someone else using his account. I kept email him the same request hoping to get some kind of answer. 1 for his address and telephone number(as i had lost them in an IM) 2. When was He going to pay me for the 12 clonetroopers he asked me to pick up and 3. When was he going to send the Tatooine Skiff and Skiff Guards . I went to the forum threads he was on at rebelscum and SSG and repeatedly posted in them how i need this info and for him to answer me and asking if he was a good trader.. Well my persistance in trying to aquire my stuff from the trade supposedly ****ed him off very much as I was bugging him. He was very bad with communication and
    constantly made false promises and reassuring that was very misleading and none of what he said every got done. I have absolutely no RESULTS at all. He claims i ruined his thread as RS. Where after he posted a email from another person(who emailed him) i've had serious trouble with in the flesh everyone started jumping on me in posts thinking i was a scalper. So I told them off and if they had a problem pm me for my address and number. I got depicted over there as a Emenim Wanna be because I work for a record label that has Rap Artists signed and some of them are from Long Beach/ Compton. Of coarse i'm friends with these people. So when i said something along the lines of next time i'm out there in LA to make some moves I'll come over and get my figures back and I never threatened him or even type anything like that. I said some mean stuff and it was when i got mad so I edited them all blank later when i had a cool head. He seems to think this was a admission of guilt...i was just thinking better and decided i shouldn't have been mean. Well he blew all up saying his dad and mom who are "cops" said my butt would be in a sling and that what i had done was a "Federal Offense". So all his buddies on his bandwagon thread starting bashing on me (which they still do to this day seeing as i don't post there anymore cause its a waste) Truth is none of them knew any of the story except that I wanted a skiff. They didn't care no matter what I was in the wrong and thats it. According to them I’m obessive for being persistant.Well I was only trying to get himto address the stuff i repeatedly ask that he wouldn’t do. Well we seem to have gotten back to a status of "cool" in the IMs after all this. He told me he was sending the skiff first and yadda yadda yadda. I guess he's busy cause its hard to get any email response at all after days....even through he posts at forums still at RS every once in awhile. I still haven't recieved one item...This has been a tremendous headache and I've hated every second of it. I really hope i could get a skiff and amanaman but my intuition(spelling?) tells me that I probably won't.....but i wish i could..I was suppose to get something in the mail this week...but haven't and as for the "first" "sent" package I guess he's calling it lost but i've been trading years and never lost a package and always have insurance.I'm not posting this to bash Wonderboy which he'll probably take it as he seems really cool in the IMs and all but nothing is worth this...well maybe a skiff... but just to share a big headache. I have two more i'll put on this thread later....

Any of you ever have a headache of a problem like this share your story.
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

Uh...I think you got duped. Your heart was in the right place trying to help this guy but where you failed was when you, "worked out a trade on AOL instant messenger."

Experiences like yours are the sole reason Ebay, and automatic payment systems like PayPal exist and are flourishing. You can't always trust people on the net. Sad...but true. Just be careful out there and there won't ever be a 'worst' story.
    Last edited by OriginalBryGuy; 07-02-2002 at 12:11 PM.

Actually, if his parents were really cops, well then he'd get thrown in for mail fraud, plain and simple.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Wow, I'm just surprised that you agreed to trade the CT R2 for the figures you were supposed to get. He was on the better legit end of that deal, IMO.

Well, I feel for ya. I've traded before and haven't been burned at all so maybe it was just the luck of the draw.

Next time you should trade in person or do it only with people who have reputable ebay accounts with lots of positive feedback.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

hmmmm your right
    Last edited by BillyJAck; 07-03-2002 at 12:46 PM.
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

This is motre suited for the General area then Sage, so I moved it here
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

okie dokie....i can't believe nobody on here has had a bad headache of a trade like mine...

My Needs
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

My brother almost got shafted years ago buying a 12" Darth Maul off eBay when they were impossible to find. He won the bid at nearly face value for the figure most likely to disappointment of the seller since others were going for twice that. Weeks passed after my brother sent his payment with no response. I pressured my brother to follow up but he did only half-hearted and accepted the lost. Well, much to both our suprises he got a package nearly a month later with not only the 12" Darth Maul but the 12" AT-AT pilot Diamond Exclusive. Without a note of explaination or apology he gave my brother 2 for the price of one at an incredable loss.

When I was trying to get my 12" Darth Maul I won one off eBay at nearly half the original price (again when they were going for a fortune). It was one of those miracle bids that just passes most members by. Lucky me. Sadly the seller disappeared completely and never returned any emails. It didn't cost me anything as I hadn't sent any payment but I was bummed I never got my cheap 12" Maul. That seller must have been pretty upset to not even be able to recoup his cost when others were making $50 profit at the same time.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I found my 12 inch maul when they were the hot ticket item for cost. and I hope you left that seller who wouldn't contact you negative feedback.i know i would have

My Needs
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

Yeah, I did and it was his one and only feedback. That teaches me for bidding on items from a "0" feedback seller. I'm just thankful that I didn't lose money in the process.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.