Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Somebody shall inform...after this is moved to the AOTC Spoilers section. Until then, I'll have to reply with
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Yoda fights with a lightsaber against Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus, after the Count has defeated both Obi-Wan and Anakin. Details about that battle are hazy, but we know that Yoda is winning until Dooku tries to crush Obi and Ani with a crane. Yoda saves them while the Count flees.

Yoda also uses a lightsaber in a training scene with Jedi children, telling them that a lightsaber is a Jedi's most valuable posession.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I like the idea that Yoda is going to show his skill, BUT I am very scared of what this scene is probably going to look like.
    I am afraid that when we see it for the first time, you will hear someone in the theater snickering at it because it looks so silly.
    As I imagine this fight sequence in my mind, I think of the scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (one of my personal favorites) where the killer rabbit is defending the cave. It flies around killing everyone, looking rather silly.
    I hope this scene doesnt look anything like this.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by JangoFett96
    As I imagine this fight sequence in my mind, I think of the scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (one of my personal favorites) where the killer rabbit is defending the cave.
    LOL

But I have faith in GL that he wouldn't go that far in destroying Yoda's image. When I first heard the 'Jackie Chan' styled fight, I was very worried but from what I've read and heard lately that the scene isn't that over-the-top. Atleast I hope...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I read about a scene showed at ShoWest in which Yoda is seen grappling some force lightning. The first thought that came to mind wasn't Yoda himself using force lightning, but that Dooku tries to use it on Yoda, but Yoda manages to control it with his hand and send it back at Dooku. Personally I think that would be awesome, and would explain why Yoda is able to defeat him so easily.

Think about it. The guy's 80, maybe younger in the movie itself, but still pretty old, and has just been hit by his own force lightning. That'd be pretty draining. Plus, I don't see Yoda as much of an attacker, but a protector. He wouldn't attack Dooku head on, but defend himself.

I really don't like the whole jumping-on-Dooku's-shoulder thing. It's almost worse than the hopping around. The image of little Yoda on Dooku's shoulder is ... disturbing...

Remember that Anakin has been zapped by Dooku and is writhing on the floor of the Hangar. There's a pic of it somewhere I'll attach it later if i can find it. But i would think - putting jigsaw pieces together that Yoda steps in to protect Anakin and acts as a buffer against the force lightning that Dooku is raining down on Anakin. Therefore Yoda raises a hand and stops the flow dead. he then force pushes and the bolt is in effect shorted out which is why it looks like it's headed back to Dooku. So he isn't using force lightning like Palpatine did but just deflecting it away from his padawan junior as a protective fatherly gesture.

Yoda's entrance into this scene has been noted as a huge Yoda shaped shadow falling on the wall behind Dooku and then a tiny little figure entering into shot. kinda a play on the size judgement thing. Yoda is supposed to then use his size and speed to advantage to bamboozle Dooku. having now seen how mean Yoda looks with his steely glare i can see this working. I can see Christopher Lee being turned every which way as he tries to 'swat' Yoda or hit him with his saber. I can see Yoda somehow twisting Dooku so much that he falls to the ground and Yoda stands on his chest and looks down on him with pity and disgust while they deliver some meaty dialogue to each other then Dooku throwing Yoda off and the fight carrying on.

I'm not saying that's how it is I'm just imagining scenes and seeing that it could work if it's not allowed to slip comedy in there.
    even a remote comedic element would totally trash a scene like this in an instant.

I disagree. I hope JarJar comes to Yoda's rescue!!! What a hoot that would be! Woohoo!
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

I WANNA SEE YODA FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind seeing Yoda fight, but at the same time it has a great risk. With the CGI being what it is and the fact that Yoda will be moving around alot using various battle techniques, this thing could end up looking like something out of "Toy Story" or another CGI movie. Not that "Toy Story" is bad, but there is no room for that kind of stuff in a battle sequence as important as this. However, the Gungan battle in EP1 was believable to me. If they pull it off kind of like this I think it should be OK.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

I am of course contradicting myself horribly with that previous reply. This I acknowledge and plead insanity..... but you all know I'm insane anyway so I plead sanity instead.

Yoda whizzing around like he's taken a crapload of amphetamines is the only thing that worries me. The Jedi tricks will look cool but the speeded up movement as seen in TPM has always seemed really fake to me. It just doesn't seem to tally with the other effects in any of the movies - TPM included. So I hope we don't get too much of that in AOTC.