Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Wacky Yoda fight scene

TFN have posted another spoiler ridden report about Yoda's fight scene. Apparently he shows up just after Dooku has bested Obi and Anakin in the Geonosis hangar. His shadow falls onto the wall behind Dooku (ala Harrison Ford as Indy in Marion's bar in that scene from the first Indy movie.) and then he attacks him Jackie Chan style, wizzing round Dooku lightning fast. It's alleged that ILM are thinking this scene too silly ad George is keeping it in.
    Me personally, I don't know what to think. Sounds great but also a little too cartoony. I can just see Chris Lee looking perplexed and vexed as a tiny green frog thing flies past his right ear like that scene in Gremlins 2 when he's attacked in the lab. But then, George does like to stick these comedy moments in........

I'm usually pretty opened minded about the stuff I hear, but the idea of Yoda prancing and leaping around like a frog is cringe-inducing. I used to think that George knew what he was doing and wouldn't put anything stupid looking in one of his movies, however I'm not too sure about this one. I watch it pensively and be overjoyed if it simply doesn't suck.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Greetings jargo. I've been fighting the forces of evil for awhile and haven't been able to stand beside my greatest comrade. Indeed, I too thought immediately about Gremilins. Unfortunately, I heard that Yoda will be splashed by a few drops of water and will produce "cloned" Yoda's. Hence the name of the title. These clones will then attack. Hence the name of the title. After winning, Yoda will party till after midnight, where he will he will wake up a furry rug.

I'm sure everyone here has missed me immensely! hehe
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

Every time I hear about this sequence I cringe. I hope it turns out ok.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Talking

Personally, I find it hard to think that Yoda could move like the wind, even with the force. I'd like to see Yoda use the force to deflect any attack (like Vader in ESB) and then use it pick him up and spin him all over the place (like in Willow...HA HA).

Beside if you remember a part of the script that was leaked out a few months ago. Yoda shows up right as Count Dooku pulls away in his ship. Yoda then lifts a crane-like thing off Anakin whom was trapped under it during the fight.
    Last edited by Co Jo-Da; 10-04-2001 at 12:21 AM.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Man, this is exactly the type of crap I feared when Nick Gillard's comments about no Yoda fight started being challenged all over the web. If this is as bad as it sounds to me, I think I'll give up Star Wars altogether and start "JediTricks' Star Trek Guide".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oooohh geez,this scene will be a must see,Although Dooku could always shoot Yodas hand of with a golden bullet but that would ruin the classic trilogy wouldn't it
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

After reading TheForce.net 's a couple of times, I've got more comfortable with the idea. And for everyone else:

(Taken from theforce.net)

Lucas and McCallum weren't kidding when they said Yoda was the 'Master'. We'll finally get to see what they are aluding to, and on opening night, make sure you bring some pillows to put on the floor, so when your jaw drops, it doesn't break. In short, Yoda's arsenal knows no bounds. That's why he is head of the Jedi Council, and why Mace enjoys a distant second in the standings.
    Let's begin with the setting, we're in the Geonosis Hanger and there is a crane that hangs from the roof. Yoda is intent on fighting with Dooku and wants to end him, right there and then. Obi-Wan and Anakin are both out of commission at the time, but they are safe for now. You see, Anakin is only semi-conscious at the time and Obi-Wan has been beaten soundly too. They are still recovering while Yoda does his stuff.

The SUPERBATTLEDROIDS guard Dooku's Solar Sailor in the hangar. Eight of them, or so, though unfortunately for them they do not get to participate in the battle. When Yoda arrives his presence alerts the Superbattledroids. All of them turn to fire, but before they can get off any shots, Yoda calmly raises his hand and the droids are sent hurtling into the far wall. It is almost like Yoda is either in Council mode or Battle mode. Obviously the latter is more draining and Dooku already realises it is a battle he can not win.

Yoda's first words to Count Dooku are compelling. No interest in contests, do I have. he says, the cool little Master. Dooku begins the attack by charging in and raining down blows. Yoda calmly stands there and defends without much effort until Dooku wears himself out! That's when we see the real master go to work ...

Yoda uses only one lightsaber, but he is lightening quick. And Yoda is at one point up on Dooku's shoulders! He's not there for very long, just enough to scare the stuffing out of Dooku. Yoda towels up Dooku and forces him into a corner. His lightsabre is sent reeling. Dooku is down for the Count! Yoda leaps onto his shoulders and utters the infamous line The end for you, Count, this is. Yoda raises his mini lightsabre and prepares to skewer the Sith Lord's head. ...not yet...

Mustering his strength, Dooku dislodges the Jedi Master and, using the force, brings one of the ceiling cranes crashing down on the fallen Jedi. In the blink of an eye Yoda is underneath the massive structure holding it up, concentrating, whilst in the background Tyranus kicks his Interstellar Solar Sailor into gear and escapes the rocky planet.

That crane never actually lands directly on Anakin and Obi-Wan, as Yoda, seeing that it is going to cause some serious damage if it does, flashes to the other side of the hangar to keep the crane from impacting. But that was the break that Dooku needs to high tail it outta there. Dooku's ship fires up and the Sith escapes before it hits the fan.

He grabs the controls of the vessel and survives to fight another day.

Here's some of the exact details from the end of scene 161 of the movie, as we near the dramatic conclusion of Episode II:
    YODA closes his eyes and concentrates. ANAKIN is unconcious, and OBI-WAN tries to get out from under the crane. The fallen crane trembles and starts to lift. Behind it, the sound of the Sail Ships's engines are heard starting up.
    YODA concentrates harder. Slowly, the crane rises. The SOUND OF THE ENGINES increases. YODA exerts every acrap of his powers. The crane lifts clear of ANAKIN and is thrown to the ground.

DOOKU ' S Sail Ship takes off. OBI-WAN and ANAKIN struggle to the exhausted YODA, but it is too late. The Sail Ship rises into the air and flies away.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Wow! after reading that I hope its right. It sounds better than seeing Yoda jumping around like jackie Chan.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."