Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ask you are asked when looking for toys

I do not know about the rest of the i am also getting question about where a toy can be found in store because they think i work there but to be nice i try to answer their questions.

Yeah, I get asked all the time if I work there.
    Them: Excuse me sir could you help me find something.
    Me: Does the back of my shirt say 'what can I do for you' like everyone else's around here?
    Them: No.
    Me: than i guess I can't help you.

I only wish I could be that cold.
    Actually, when I see people at the pegs, I ask them what they are looking for, in case I see it, and don't happen to need it.

Originally posted by cptpinkerton

Does the back of my shirt say 'what can I do for you' like everyone else's around here?

[/B]
    When I was in High school, I worked for a place that purposely had us wear shirts that said "I am are not in sales. Please do not ask me questions. Pretty bad.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yea, this has happened to me so much lately. I work in an office, so I have to wear business casual to work. After work I usally stop at WM, TRU, and Target. I've been asked at all three of these stores if I can help someone find something. I even got asked to get a woman change at the arcade. I just say I don't work hear, or I'm just shopping too. They useally look at me funny and then say "oh, you look like you work hear." I take it as a little insult, becasue I think I dress a little nicer than the WM employees. Not to say they are slobs or anything, it's just they aren't required to wear kakies and a button down shirt.

So, next time your up for some fun. Just wear some nice clothing and hang out at a store. Then when people ask you where stuff is direct them to the wrong place. It's mean, but would be loads of fun
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

When they ask me I just tell where it is. I'm mostly wrong,buy hey, they can look just as well I can.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Originally posted by icatch9
    Yea, this has happened to me so much lately. I work in an office, so I have to wear business casual to work. After work I usally stop at WM, TRU, and Target. I've been asked at all three of these stores if I can help someone find something. I even got asked to get a woman change at the arcade. I just say I don't work hear, or I'm just shopping too. They useally look at me funny and then say "oh, you look like you work hear." I take it as a little insult, becasue I think I dress a little nicer than the WM employees. Not to say they are slobs or anything, it's just they aren't required to wear kakies and a button down shirt.
    Also, don't wear a red shirt when shopping at Target. Some employees I've noticed don't wear their nametag so at times you don't know if a civilian is a worker or vice versa.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm with Obi-Don there. If folk ask me for directions to anything I just faff around for a minute thinking and then direct them in completely the wrong direction. (Works best when drivers stop and ask for directions. I've never heard of where they want but i'll send them there anyway... so they think. Serves then right for disturbing me as I go about my business. And why the hell they can't just stop at a newsagents and pick up a local map i do not know. Like I'm gonna know everything there is to know about everything there is to know everything about. )

As for stores, be nice if there was ever anyone in the stores I go to when i go to them. Like ghost towns mostly. Just the spotty nerds in the computer section trying to attract my attention with a crappy gamers PC. And the old bird on the cashiers desk. never seen a customer in months hardly. Be nice to be asked where something was so I could be all helpful and not tell them. Actually there was a kid the other week looking for a jango Fett to go in his Slave-1. I sort of didn't exactly tell him where the only jango was but sort of accidentaly knocked it off the peg at the top of the display where his tiny little arms wouldn't reach in a million years (well, about ten really) His little face was great as he walked away proudly holding the two packages and his Mother had this sort of relieved look on her face. But i didn't tell him. Stayed true to my self, Just bent my rules a little.

But in general life I get asked alot of times in places like garden centers because i must look like a horticultural type or maybe I'm just a scruffy lookin' turf herder. heheheh crap jokes are ace!
    Last edited by Jargo; 07-03-2002 at 04:59 PM.

Every time I go into an Abercrombie store, customers always ask me for assistance even though I don't even work there. I thought it was because of the clothes I was wearing (since the employees need to wear Abercrombie clothing) but I was wearing a suit one time! I guess I should apply there, since it seems like I have good karma at that store.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

Originally posted by turbowars
    When I was in High school, I worked for a place that purposely had us wear shirts that said "I am are not in sales. Please do not ask me questions. Pretty bad.
    Thats kinda how all the EB's around here are.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

EB?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)