Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Teaser Trailer will be out in November.

With many sources saying that the Teaser Trailer will be out in November but which movie will it be released with?

Anyone...Anyone...Anyone...
    Last edited by Co Jo-Da; 10-04-2001 at 12:44 AM.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I've heard Harry Potter will be the lucky film...

What I want to know is when somebody is going to leak a shot list from the trailer. I seem to remember a fairly accurate one circulating by this time back in '98. It was the first time I saw "Every Saga has a Beginning..." etc. and getting goosebumps. I want a shot list!!!!

Any...

I heard the theater will be able to attach it to whatever movie they wish to. This way, people won't be going to see a particular movie just for the trailer and leave. I bet Steven Segal didn't mind when TPM trailer was attached to his movie...

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Wasn't it going to be attached to a movie called "Monsters"?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT
    Wasn't it going to be attached to a movie called "Monsters"?
    That's what I've heard.

That's Disney/Pixar's "Monsters Inc.", perhaps an apropos film to include Ep 2 with since they both contain tons of CGI.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Doesn't "Fellowship of the Ring" come out in November also. This would be a great film to debut the trailer with.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

Re: Any...

Originally posted by SirSteve
    I heard the theater will be able to attach it to whatever movie they wish to. This way, people won't be going to see a particular movie just for the trailer and leave. I bet Steven Segal didn't mind when TPM trailer was attached to his movie...

Normally they send us trailers separately with an attachment sheet with a list of three or four movies the movie must be attatched to and then 8-10 more that we might put it on at our discretion. This is in addition to the trailers that come already attached to prints of movies(usually three trailers). Of course we never pay attentio to those lists at my theatre and add what we want to what ever movie we want. Nobody from the studio ever checks...

However, EPII might be a different story with Lucasfilm and/or Fox only sending us specific trailers for specific films like they did last time and requesting the trailer back when they send us the new one. Studios are cracking down on what we can "keep" and we are having to send back a lot more promotional stuff than we used to. An example is that giant Monsters Inc. standee. If we don't send it back (like say, I take it home with me) then we get a $1500 fine/recovery cost. And they are going to destroy the darn thing anyway. Lots of posters are supposed to be destroyed/returned when we are through with them, too. I can only imagine, G.Lu will be extra strict about such things and only send us one or two trailers and be very specific about what films to pu them on. I'll let you know in a month.

"Fellowship of the Ring" opens December 19, 2001 nationwide, not in November. So the Teaser won't premier with it, Harry Potter and Monsters,Inc sound to be the front runnings.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I can't wait for the trailer to come out. I've already dumped my girlfriend in preparation.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"