Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Starwars collecting becoming a drag!

It has come to my attention that collecting has become a drag. There's nothing out there and when there is, some scalpers buys up all the cases. E-bay is too $$$$ and everyone is out to make a buck. I have stopped collecting errors on e-bay and will only buy from what I find in the stores, which is a big fat ZERO!!!!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yeah,I have to agree with you as well.I've never shopped from
    e-bay plus I don't trust how other people just buy up figures and then sell them on e-bay and another thing has anyone else seen how hard it is to get any POFT2 or Episode I figures?
    Tenchi OAV (fan of the long forgotten Lak Sivrak)

well if you are lucky, as i usually am, then collecting is fun... you have to be patient too... you may find something good in a store soon enough....

but how is all that different from last year? and the year before that? and before that?

take time to enjoy what you have already instead of what you haven't found yet. blah, blah...happy hunting everyone!
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

It only feels like a drag if scalpers are one step ahead of me.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Re: Starwars collecting becoming a drag!

Originally posted by turbowars
    It has come to my attention that collecting has become a drag. There's nothing out there and when there is, some scalpers buys up all the cases. E-bay is too $$$$ and everyone is out to make a buck. I have stopped collecting errors on e-bay and will only buy from what I find in the stores, which is a big fat ZERO!!!!!
    You think its a drag? Think how bored I am. I only collect Classic trilogy figures and don't care about variations/errors. I'm trying to be patient. I'm still waiting to find Chewbacca.

I'm so bored, I've been thinking about getting a Jango Fett and repainting him as Boba Fett from ESB. I have picked up a few loose figures from E-Bay for real cheap and have started customizing a little. And for the record, the POTF2 R5-D4 looks much better after you cut his guns off and glue him shut.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by TenchiOAV
    Yeah,I have to agree with you as well.I've never shopped from
    e-bay plus I don't trust how other people just buy up figures and then sell them on e-bay and another thing has anyone else seen how hard it is to get any POFT2 or Episode I figures?
    It isn't hard to get POTF2 or EP1 figures...just ask around on the trading or buying/selling forums. I've filled a crapload of holes in my POTF2 collection by trading with people here, and buying from a couple. If you're a carded collector it's a little harder, but you can still find a lot of good deals on the forums here. Maybe you meant it's just hard to get POTF2 or EP1 on eBay, but eBay sucks 99% of the time. If you need anything, ask your fellow collectors first.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Collecting can be as big or small of a hobby as you can get. E-bay isn't expensive, it just depends on what you want, and how many other people out there want it.

E-bay is always going to be there, whether collectors like it or not. As a collector, I like the fact that if I really want something, I know I'll be able to find it there.

Stores are always going to have spotty shelf time for figures. The line from assembly to your store shelf is so complex, that it's nearly impossible to know when or where something is going to show up.

If you collect, collect for fun, never for profit, and you'll always be happy.

not really a drag for me, just depressing....
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Jonna
    I don't find it to be a drag. It's just that it is becoming more and more annoying to run around in this summer heat looking for figures. I'm not leaving my house for the rest of the summer. I just hope work doesn't notice.