Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaders Skull!!!

Hybrid View

Vaders Skull!!!

Collectstarwars.com has a picture up of Vaders skull,both front and back without the helmet on, so if you haven't seen it or want to see it check it out right here

pretty interesting, But I thought Vader was part Human, part Machine and not a skull!

Thoughts???
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Looks almost like a Halloween PEZ!
    Though in answer to the question of Vader's part human/part machine status, the Force lightning from the Emperor caused Vader's skull to glow blue-white through his helmet, the effect the figure is seeking to reproduce. As we saw when Vader's helmet was removed, his head is, more or less, intact. Obviously at least one of his arms is a machine, however.
    An additional thought on that picture:
    How many licks does it take to get to the glowing skull center of a Vader Pop? The world may never know...
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Originally posted by JediCole
    How many licks does it take to get to the glowing skull center of a Vader Pop? The world may never know...
    It's three licks I tell you. 3!

This picture makes me want the figure even more.

I knew it! Master Jedi is really Mr. Owl! Looks like you fell for my cunning plan. (Incidentally, Sith Worm is really Alexander the Great, I know because I tricked him into taking a AlexandertheGreatAlizer test that he thought was an AtillatheHunAlizer test!)
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

But Mr Owl is a big jerk, he steals that kid's Tootsie-pop and takes a huge bite out of it!

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    But Mr Owl is a big jerk, he steals that kid's Tootsie-pop and takes a huge bite out of it!
    But in this case I take the Tootsie-pop. Or should I say the Tootsie-Vader.

I remember George Lucas saying somewhere that Vader's arms and legs are bionic (hence his towering size and immense physical strength). His torso and head, I guess, are pretty much original equipment. There is an animation cel drawing on the Behind the Magic CD-ROM of Vader's skull (used to create the X-ray effect as Vader is being shocked) which indicates that even his skull and neck vertebrae have some mechanical elements.

P.S. Mr. Owl IS a big jerk.
    Last edited by Jedi Learner; 10-05-2001 at 02:16 PM.

In the animated skeletal structure sequence of ROTJ, you can see SOME natural upper arms, I believe, but it's clear his lower arms definitely are cybernetic. I think one arm is more robotic than the other too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Which could lead back to my theory that Annie gets his hand cut off sometime in Ep.II or III. But it is just a theory....
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Exclamation Fast Times at Coruscant High

Darth Spicolli to Emperor Hand: "That was my skull!"
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas