View Poll Results: Do you expect more from Episode II than you did from Episode I?

Voters
587. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

503 85.69%
  • No

46 7.84%
  • Same

38 6.47%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do you expect more from Episode II than you did from Episode I?

Do you expect more from Episode II than you did from Episode I?

Poll suggested by Jedi Clint.

Let's discuss why you choose what you did!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I expected a lot from Episode 1 and it was okay, but it didn't deliver all I wanted, but I figured G. Lu had two more chances with Episodes II and III to get us to Episode IV. If he screws this one up I'll REALLY expect a lot from III....

I picked 'same.' I think GL's inspiration burned out before ROTJ and he's just 'going through the motions' with the prequels. More specifically: formulaic plots and a film that seems to be more interested in supporting a cool toy line than telling a compelling story.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Theres just some sort of feeling I'm getting when I see Ep.II photos. A feeling that I didn't get when I saw Episode I photos.

Maybe its because I now know the backstory to Anakin's life?
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I picked 'same.' I think GL's inspiration burned out before ROTJ and he's just 'going through the motions' with the prequels. More specifically: formulaic plots and a film that seems to be more interested in supporting a cool toy line than telling a compelling story.
    G.L. may give us the same type of thing he did in EP1, but I expect him to give us more in the way of (1) a plot, (2) better action sequences, (3) more believeable characters, i.e., less characters that rhyme with "dungan," and (4) better written dialogue.

Just like ESB delved deeper into the main characters and their relationships, while giving us newer characters that thickened the plot, I expect the same from this movie. Just like ANH was a good popcorn flick without seeming to be deep in some kind of cirumscribing philosophy at the time, I can see that perhaps EP1 will look that way in hindsight if ATOC is as deeply developed as ESB.

I will say that if this one turns out the way EP1 for ROTJ did or even worse *shudder*, I'll feel just like a little kid on May 5, 1999 running into TRU to find that all the Darth Mauls have been taken by low-down scalpers.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

More, much more

I have great hope for Episode II. The Phantom, was in many ways a huge disappointment. The one big thing i'm happy about is that there will be no Jake Lloyd. I'm sorry, but the kid had no emotional range what so ever! It was like he was Al Gore's kid or something. PLEASE Mr. Lucas, give us the fans and lifelong lover of the Saga more with this next installment.

Question

If Lucas has another ship fly into a battle station to blow it up from the inside, I will refuse watch those movies again. 3 out of the 4 have done that, if he can not come up with somthing new he is truly a 1 dimensional cat. I still am not crazy with the idea of him directing and writing. If the dialog is as bad as the last two flicks he will truly ruin the credibility of the entire series. I hope to god he has hired someone with the talent to write the dialog to this film. So far I think the look is good so far from what I seen lets hope the rest can hold its own.

Big barada I could not agree with you more. I like alot of Sci Fi shows like Star Wars and Star Trek they both have great qualities but both have lost the edge they use to have. The only show that always delivers is Farscape. The show is so well written, not predicible and always keeps you guessing. Plenty of action, great characters with real depth that you can relate to. Hopefully the old dogs can learn a few tricks from a very up to date and original sci fi show. I am talking similiar elements from the show. Before I sign this book I wrote I am not spitting on either series they need wake up calls. So far Star Trek is trying to change its format with Enterpirise, which remains to be seen. I hope Lucas does the same and does not let his spoiled kid make it up! Thank you for those who took the time to read this its been a while since I gave my veiws on these subjects.

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

I will say that if this one turns out the way EP1 for ROTJ did or even worse *shudder*, I'll feel just like a little kid on May 5, 1999 running into TRU to find that all the Darth Mauls have been taken by low-down scalpers.
    Well, they should've went on May 3rd when the toys first went on sale!

The only way Episode II could be worse than Episode I was if Adam Sandler played Anakin.
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site

I'm not expecting much more than Episode 1, But I think AOTC will be better story wise with the action and that will take place
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I'm hoping for more, but I'm not expecting more.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com