Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 1000th post!

My 1000th post!

Yes, yes, the rumors are true! I guess you could say I'm now a sort of "elder" of these forums, much like LTBasker, JEDIpartnr, BigBarada, Jar Jar Binks, RooJay, Rollo Tomassi, Mandalorian Candidat, and all the other masters!

I'm so proud!

Hehe, congrats. JT's gonna hit 5000 soon, IIRC.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Geez. I can't even remember when I hit 1000...it was like MONTHS ago. Congratulations on hitting a grand, Deadeye. And congratulations to all you other posters who are on whatever post # you are on, whether it's 5 or 5000. Way to go!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Congrats Deadeye. Welcome to the few, the proud, the forums obsessed. So, EP. When you reach 2000 are you gonna take on a new identity again?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

awesome dude, eh i'm close to 40.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

quality, not quantity, my young padawan. much to learn have you.

Really, derek? Please elaborate.

Also, why is EP a Sith Lord when he has over 1000 posts? Shouldn't he be a Dark Master?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Congrats Deadeye. Welcome to the few, the proud, the forums obsessed. So, EP. When you reach 2000 are you gonna take on a new identity again?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Hmmmm....at the rate I'm going I won't be there for awhile.

I stopped going into the Episode III sections, spoiler or non-spoiler. The AOTC section is so flooded with so many people yelling about the same thing, I stopped going in there. Except for the Dear Hasbro section, I quit going into the toy forums, because the Saga section is just a bunch of threads asking "What figures do you have! A Checklist!" I am weaning myself off the cards and book sections, because the card section is mostly about WOTC's TCG, which I loathe, and not much is going on in the book area.

Which leaves me with General Discussion, Other Movies, Classic Movies (which I read in, but don't often post) and Dear Hasbro. So few interesting areas left for me, means fewer posts. I'm lucky if I can muster enough interest in a thread to respond 5 times a day.

So I won't be hitting 2K any time soon. When I do, who can say. maybe I'll retire EP and bring back RT. Maybe I'll bring in a third persona. Maybe I'll just fade away and become a legend at SSG. A spook story. A reminisce the old timers tell the young 'uns sitting on the porch in an old rocking chair, sipping lemonade.

"Oh, it's a fine forum, SSG, but it's not like in the olden days...back then we had a great group of guys. Jargo, JEDIPartnr, Caesar, bigbarada, Rollo and EP..."

"Who's that grandpa JarJarBinks?" ask the children. "We thought he was just a myth..."

"Oh no" replied grandpa JJB "He was real. He posted more than 100 posts in a single day at his peak...a fine fellow."

"Whatever happened to him?" asked the children.

"Nobody knows yooung 'uns." said grandpa JJB "He might still be around, under another Username, watching. Waiting. Maybe if you're good enough he'll come to you in a PM and offer you the password to..."

"Tell us about the time Mister JediTricks took all the posts from GNT!" interrupted the children. "Yes! Tell us that one!"

Grandpa JJB sighed and sipped his lemonade. "Wouldn't you rather hear about the smally corpse of DeckardSmith rotting at his keyboard in his basement while his soul is trapped in the internet?"

"Yes! Yes! Tell us that one!" giggled the children.

And like that....I'll be forgotten. (trails off in despair)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

But why aren't you a Dark Master? You have over 1000 posts!

Aww, you'll never be forgotten E.P. You know everyone here loves ya. Atleast us old timers, like you mentioned.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.