Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Apart from the fact that the official site databank entries for Bespin gave us the information that Lucas had finally got around to using this design inEPISODE TWO: ATTACK OF THE CLONED DESIGNS!

Here is an insert from the Teaser Trailers:

SCENE 58 - EXT. OCEAN PLANET - NIGHT - MLS - A LARGE WINGED CREATURE FLIES R PAST A CITY THAT RISES ABOVE THE VIOLENT SEAS AS CAMERA PANS WITH IT. RAIN IS POURING DOWN.
    156-15

There are whales in Episode II.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Great, Whales. What's next lions, tigers, and bears. Oh, and of course ducks.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

C-3PO in episode 3:
    "Lions and tigers and bears? Oh my! This is all your fault Artoo..."

I don't mind the 'whales' or Thranta as I prefer to keep calling them.
    At least it's a link to the old designs that were fresh. I'd actually be disappointed if some of those awful Teryl Whitlatch designs that got rejected in episode one were shoved into the movie.

Actually, no. I wouldn't mind if they were reworked and designed by someone with a better artistic style. Teryl's stuff is too scratchy for me personally. Idon't know - say, Ralph McQuarrie drew them instead. They'd look fine then. The animators would have a better idea of how the finished CGI creature was going to look instead of having to make it up as they went because the original drawn design they had to work off just didn't have enough detail in it.

But I digress...

Thranta swooping majestically past the camera will look very cool in a permastorm and darkness. At least it's a slightly different design than another big lizard. Although we do get another big lizard in episode two strangely enough...... The Reek.

And wasn't it the Reek that was the model George Lucas was holding in one of the Making of documentaries? All knobbly and blue and cream and minus it's horns?

Flying whales? Makes me think of Linkin Park's musique video "In the End." The video has great white whales flying around in the background. Definitely "In the End" is the weakest of their three videos in part because of this odd concept.

Now I wouldn't mind a Jar Jar Binks edit of "Crawling." You could have him contemplating life as the musique blazes:

"There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
    Consuming, confusing
    This lack of self control, I fear is never-ending
    Controlling, I can't seem
    To find myself again
    My walls are closing in
    I've felt this way before
    So insecure"

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"

Flying whales, goody, another creature Hasbro won't touch with a ten foot pole.

Even if they do show up I doubt it'll be for more than a few seconds in the background. Not like we'll have a flying whale leading the Jedi Council into battle. So it is of little concern.

Originally posted by evenflow
    Great, Whales. What's next lions, tigers, and bears. Oh, and of course ducks.
    Ducks were in EPisode 1
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I honestly picture this thing being the FIRST beast pack Hasbro does for Ep 2, unless it actually plays a real part in the movie, then they'll just have it be an exclusive to Thailand or some nonsense.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

" Thranta/whatnot/flying whale with exclusive badly molded Kaminoan 'cloner'."

I can see it as a beast pack too. Possibly one of the two planned for the initial wave of toy releases. I fear the flapping wing feature or the snapping jaws we never saw etc. Oh who am I kidding I'm gonna go nuts for it probably whatever it looks like, I'm just a sucker for the beasties.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I honestly picture this thing being the FIRST beast pack Hasbro does for Ep 2, unless it actually plays a real part in the movie, then they'll just have it be an exclusive to Thailand or some nonsense.
    Just like the Qui-Gon and Eopie figure set...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.