Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chewbacca question!

Is he Blacklight compatible?? Ha ha just kidding. But I was just wondering how tall is he? He looks pretty big. And is he the best Chewie ever? he seems to be from to pics on the net.

He is a bit taller than the others. I don't know...we haven't had many good Chewies.

As long as he's as big as The Mechanic version from POTJ, I'll be as sound as a pound!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Death Star Plans has a nice comparison photo:

http://www.deathstarplans.com/comparison/chewbacca.jpg

POTJ Mechanic Chewie has the best head sculpt...the Saga Chewie, like many others, lacks the sculpted head hair. I might try for a head swap. Saga Chewie has the best articulation. And for your definitive version, you'll have to buy or trade for a bowcaster.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

They don't show Bendie Chewie!

I wish in the comparison shot with the POTJ Chewies, that Saga Chewie's legs weren't bent so he'd be standing straight up.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Just shows how far we've come since POTF!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Tall?! He towers over a PotF2 Darth Vader. I do hate the pouch hanging of his leg, it looks as though he got crap stuck to his fur. I also can't rig the net so that it hangs off him somehow.

Very cool picture! Does that deathstarplans site have comparison photos like that for all the characters?

I for one don't plan to use the new Chewie for my Bespin Escape mini diorama. Mechanic Chewie fits that roll, with POTF2 pull-apart Threepio on his back, perfectly. I plan to use the new Chewie to go alongsie my POTJ Bespin Han, their sculpting and aritculation are consistent with each other and they'll look awesome in front of my Falcon. I might have to swipe the Bowcaster from 25th Chewie though.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by LTBasker

I wish in the comparison shot with the POTJ Chewies, that Saga Chewie's legs weren't bent so he'd be standing straight up.
    I think the Chewie in question there is the one from the 25th anniversay two-pack. Why they'd include a permenently crouching figure in such a comparison shot is beyond me. I'd be very surprised if Saga Chewie wasn't the exact same height as Chewie Mechanic.
    Nute Gunray: "Will you stop talking about the war!"
    Mr. Fawlty: "Me? You started it!"
    Nute Gunray: "We did not start it."
    Mr. Fawlty: "Yes you did, you invaded Naboo..."