Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are....?

Question Where are....?

I was reading through the visual dictionarys and I was wondering where a few of the more obscure droids were in the films? I cant seem to find them in the movies, and maybe some of you have spotted them.

1. In the Visual Dictionary for the Classic Trilogy there is a shiny black version of EV-9D9 named somthing like AV-JR6. Any ideas?

2. In the same book there is a picture of a Black R4 unit, and Black R5 unit, any ideas? (Where is R2-Q5 for that matter )

3. In the AOTC visual dictionary there is a pic on the droids page of a R4 unit and an R5 unit (I think one is purple in coler and the other Orange) any ideas?

4. Has anybody else noticed the Duro in Jabbas palace? or is it just me?
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

the black EV-9D9 could be in the sandcrawler in the background as could the other droids be
    if I remember correctly, yes, there is a Duro in Jabba's palace

and what about that birdcage on the first or second page of the OT visual dictionary, was that even in the movie?
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Where's the duro? I'd love to help you but can't with those other questions.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Jek: The Duro is on the steps in the backround when Han says somthing to the affect of "That Bad huh?". You cant really see anything but his outline and his eyes, but its obvious that he's a Duro (you can also see a CZ unit and a good shot of AmanAman in this shot.)
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

For the visual dictionaries ILM made things that didn't appear in the movies.

They where probably on set but never made it into shot, also the makers of the VD could have made some models to fill up the pages.

BTW thanks for the Duro information, I'm just gonna start to watch ROTJ!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I've just watched it and found it, god there's so much stuff in that palace that you just don't notice, there's also a Ponda Baba in that same shot.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I was watching that Jabba scene yesterday in slow motion looking for a good shot of Wol Cabbashiite and BG-J38. I can see the tip of Wol's toung, but no BG-J38, anyone know where he/she/it is?

Jek, where is the Ponda Boba? I cant seem to find it?

Maybe you could see all of Wol's tongue in a widescreen version.

The Ponda Baba's in the same shot as the Duru, he's just in front of him.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008