Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Powerpuff Girls- GREAT MOVIE!

It's really funny!
    The film actually copies some basic plotlines of certain "monkey" movies. Examples are: flying monkeys (Wizard of Oz), evolved primates (Planet of the Apes), and an oversized monkey climbing a building (King Kong). There are even 2 characters in the film that are supposed to depict Jay and Silent Bob. There was even a hint of Star Wars in one scene- Blossom and Buttercup are trapped by Mojo Jojo and Bubbles attempts to rescue them with her laserbeam eyes. And what sound is made when she's using her laserbeam eyes? THE SOUND OF AN X-WING FIGHTER SHOOTING! This movie even has a hillarious Dexter's Laboratory cartoon prior to the feature presentation. Cool movie!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Is it live action or animation?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Animation, just like the show.

being the closet fan that i am, i don't know how i'm going to convince any friends to go watch it with me...
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I do watch a lotg of powerpuff girls on cartoon network but I don't think I'll spent the money on seeing the movie in the cinema
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Is this movie good for a four year old, or is there too much uneeded violence like I've heard on the entertainment shows ?
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Originally posted by brandon
    Is this movie good for a four year old, or is there too much uneeded violence like I've heard on the entertainment shows ?
    There are bombs in the movie- then again, they come out of a robotic monkey's butt.

The City of Townsville is practically destroyed- only because the Powerpuff Girls are playing tag, and are new to their super powers.

The girls also beat the crap out of the Gangreen gang.

The movie is good enough for four year old. I thought Mojo Jojo would have scared the little kids, but they were laughing their faces off.

2 thumbs way down from Ebert & Roeper last night. They hated this movie!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    2 thumbs way down from Ebert & Roeper last night. They hated this movie!
    They never know what the heck they are talking about anyways. I always bypass them for reviews, cause they are just, well lame.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Not that I care to see Powerpuff Girls, but the mention of Ebert and Roeper makes me laugh. JT, remember that Roeper also bad mouthed Lord of the Rings. And you could tell that Ebert was about ready to jump him and beat the hell out of him. I don't listen to critics, if I wanna see a movie, I will and judge it for myself.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.