Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodbye Gung-Ho Grip???

there are photos of some hasbro 12 inch GI Joe figures who have a new kind of hand. it looks to be of the bendable finger type, like some dragon and all hot toys figures have. the only un-usual thing is that the hand seems to be attached at mid-forearm instead of at the wrist.

the new hands look a lot better than the hinged fingers hasbro had been using. hopefully if they are any good, hasbro will incorporate this feature into the star wars line before it dies.

here is a link to a photo:

http://216.127.66.72/a/gallery/album03/abg

http://216.127.66.72/a/gallery/album03/abk
    Last edited by derek; 07-07-2002 at 12:34 PM.

I wouldn't count out Gung-Ho grip yet, this is probably just a specialty thing for a select few figures.

Why is it that whenever Hasbro switches to a new 1/6th-scale body, they're always out of proportion in some weird way?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not too familiar with the names so if someone could explain these, what exactly is considered Gung-Ho grip? Is this similar to Kung-Fu grip? When referring to bendable fingers, do you mean hands that have the fingers seperated vs. molded all together? Thanks.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

exhaust port,

gung-ho grip is the "hinged" fingers hasbro started using about a year or so ago. at least thats what i think it is.

kung-fu grip is that old style hand from the original GI Joe line that hasbro has re-released in some vintage style figures.

bendable fingers are rubber coated over bendable wire allowing each finger to be poseable.

i'm curious as to how flexible these bendy fingers will be. if they are anything like the extra jango hands, they will be useless.
    i'd prefer if they just flat out copied 21st century hands.

jeditricks,

what seems out of scale on this new version?

Do any of the more recent SW figures have these "hinged" fingers?

count dooku looks to be the first star wars figure with hinged fingers.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like up close. It's nice to see that Hasbro is making steps (albeit small) to improve the standard figure they use for the 12" line. At this rate, by the time the last Ep. III figure hits the shelf they'll get it right!

Eh???

Well that's just weird. Bendy fingers are useless thus far and I don't see how Hasbro can improve upon them without more serious effort than we've seen from them in the last two years.

Feh.
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!

Originally posted by derek
    jeditricks,

what seems out of scale on this new version?
    The forearms, they look extra long; and the hands, definitely man-hands.

Bendy figures are a waste IMO, they're a guarantee that your toy will not last a lifetime.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jeditricks,

if the bendy hands are as stiff as the extra fett hands, they will be useless.

what seems dumb here is having the hand attach mid-forearm. it would of been better if the hand attached at the wrist. that way if a wire broke in the finger, the hand could be replaced.

exhaust port,

the hinged fingers kinda suck. they can't hold guns and sabers as well as a hand molded in a gripping position. go get you one at wal-mart or TRU for about $10. they are on the GI Joe figures.
    Last edited by derek; 07-09-2002 at 01:53 AM.