Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber bands

Rubber bands

Do you keep the small and clear rubberbands on the figures that have them? I do and I highly recommened that you do because some of them can't hold their accesories without the rubberband...
    I took off Clonetrooper (Preview) and Luminara but I wish I didnt. But one thing you MUST keep a rubberband on is the BattleDroid's heads! They come off so easily without them!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

I have quite a collection of those clear little rubber bands.

I use them mostly for securing weapons in a figure's hands. I've had far too many experiences with little blasters popping out of a figure's hands.. then spending the rest of the day looking for them.

Unless I know the figure will hold it with no problem, I don't take the rubber bands off, or if I have another loose one that is expendable then I will take the rubber band off. I haven't taken the rubber bands off alot of figures, I'm glad they're clear.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't save them. I did in the beginning, but my desire to keep the accessories all together in small container to avoid loss overcame the keeping of the elastics. I do have some regrets, especially the 25th anniversary Han and Leia who don't want to hold their blasters anymore. Most of the other figures' hands have adjusted with the elastics off, and have tightened up enough to hold the accessories. They would be great to keep if you were a fan of doing diorama work.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

if it looks like the figure will hold the accessory without the rubber bands, then i prefer to take it off. though sometimes i can be quite wrong...royal guard, for instance. but it usually isn't that difficult to tie back the rubber bands. of course, finding them on my carpet is another challenge altogether.

I've learn my lesson in the past and try to keep a couple extra laying around for those couple pesky figures. The worst one for me was trying to get my 12" figures to stay on their respective Speederbikes. Thank goodness for those clear rubber bands.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

The OOM-9 Battle Droid is a must when it comes to using those rubber bands. That droid can't hold it's binoculars for dear life witho 'em.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Yeap I do... but only to use them with figures that can't hold their accesories, like my Flashback Ben Kenobi.

i just leave them on myself. unless i really want to move things around.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Taking the bands off some figures really makes me wish i hadn't like the Sandtrooper with he binoculors
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters