Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

And Now...Transformers!

Coming Attractions has just announced that somebody has bought the rights to the Transformers film franchise. Due to the recent resurgence of popularity with the DVD releases and the Dreamwave comics, they decided the time was right. If I had enough money and clout in Hollywood, I would have done this years ago. Maybe I can still have my way and do a live action G.I. Joe movie. Snake Eyes flipping out and killing people would be so SWEET! Hasbro wouldn't say which studio/production company was the lucky buyer, so let the speculation begin. Are we looking at another cartoon? CGI? Live-action??!?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I was thinking this exact same thing last night. They should make movies about both of these. Live action all the way baby! One stipulation. They have to get the same guy to do Primes voice. You know the guy from the cartoon. It just woulnd't be the same.

Hey I've got a couple of bucks maybe we can combine our money to buy the rights to GI Joe What do you think? Anyone else want to contribute?
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. They have been trying to make a TF movie for about 10 years and still no one has managed to make it happen.

I'm REALLY enjoying the Dreamwave comic though. It's well done and the art and writing are way above par.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm iffy about the Dreamwave comic. I love the art, but the story from the first three is maybe an issue's worth of story. And I'm not too fond of Bumblebee and Grimlock being used as brainless weapons, nor of Grimlock being a traitor. I'll see how the whole thing plays out before making a final judgment.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I'm iffy about the Dreamwave comic. I love the art, but the story from the first three is maybe an issue's worth of story. And I'm not too fond of Bumblebee and Grimlock being used as brainless weapons, nor of Grimlock being a traitor. I'll see how the whole thing plays out before making a final judgment.
    El Chuxter - I'm also a little iffy about how much substance they are putting in. I really like the story itself, but you're right about the individual issues being a little thin. There just isn't quite enough writing there to justify $3 per issue. I'm hoping that will change.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I haven't picked up either the new G.I.Joe OR Transformer comics. How can they do a Joe comic without Larry Hama, I says. And the TF book is impossible to find, even in reprints. Plus, I quit collecting comics back in '92 and vowed not to start back up again.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

EP, I'd recommend the new GIJoe comic wholeheartedly. I too was worried about Joe sans Hama, but the new series is surprisingly faithful to the old continuity. And Hama is slated to do a story arc in an upcoming "Special Missions" type comic. I can't wait!

Oh, and Simon "I wrote all the really good Transformers Volume 1 comics" Furman is going to do a mini-series next year for Dreamwave featuring the first encounter between Optimus and Megatron!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Mainframe should get the nod to do a CGI Transformers classic film after they gave us some great years of Beast Wars. The folks who did that show really understood how to play the stories and characters out in a serious way without having to downplay too many minor roles or too much comic releif.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can't believe that there hasn't been a live action/CGI anime large robot movie made yet. With all the source material coming out of Japan and the US it's a matter of time before the movie industry taps into this gold mine. Transformers would be a great starting point. I would hope they would do G1 and not the following series AND have the original voice actors back. Man that would be sweet!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

"AND have the original voice actors back"

This would be very hard to do, especially with the actors that did Jazz and Starscream having passed away.

Then factor in how hard it would be to get the other actors back for their parts.