Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rare AOTC figure--which?

It's clearing out time again. I need to return some impulse buys and extras for extra money needed. So, receipts in hand, I've picked some possible returns. But I'm torn on returning a couple of these. So I'm wondering which are the rare ones and I won't return them. I already know Yoda and Dooku won't be cut. But what about figures like Taun We, Geonosian Warrior, and Anakin Outland? I haven't seen many of them around for a bit. Are they still shipping? I want to make sure I can buy them later retail if I decide to. Are the Taun We's flooding the pegs anywhere?

Also, I notice Anakin has a blue band but just a hint of red or pink on his braid. Is this that grey version that's listed? Or likely just faded paint? Is the grey truly grey or just a bluish grey?

thanks

None of this stuff is rare, and the last thing we need is for speculators to buy figures and return them because there's no profit in it.

You represent what is wrong with Star Wars collecting...greed.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

yep....greed will haunt your dreams
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

None of the AOTC / SAGA figs will be rare, there is plenty about, maybe not so many in some areas, but distribution has always been one of Hasbro's flaws. Some areas gets loads of certain figures whilst others don't.

No need to buy up as many as you can, it's not worth it, and you will never make a profit out of it.
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

Whoah!

Hold on guys. Before you start stomping me into the ground, I think you're mis-reading my point here. I have no intention of selling the figures now! I'm just needing to narrow down things as money's gotten a little tight at the moment. And since I still have the receipts, I'm going to return some of the figures. I just want to be sure that I can get the figures without resorting to ebay or some other means later on. I'm obviously going to keep the figures that are hardest to find (no brainer there since I want to be able to find them later) and lose a couple of more common figures. And I also want to keep any variants (again, one or two)that I might not be able to get later.

I'm not gaining ANYTHING from this but my original money (when they were still $6 each). So I'm obviously not scalping these. If anything, I'm losing gas money to return the figures!

And for anyone's information, the most of any figure I have is 3! One to keep packaged, one to open, and one for a rainy day/trade/whatever. But those are few and far between.

Just so you know I'm not trying to finance my next car on these figures or rush over to Ebay with Taun We's on Buy It Now for 60 dollars...

So with that in mind, are the Geonosians and Taun Wes still shipping? What about that "error" on Anakin Outland w/the grey braid? Anyone own this and have a picture?

Thanks and sorry for any unintentioned confusion...

In my opinion, nothing from AOTC or the Saga line will be rare except Sacul and bloody Luke. Everything else is pure retail.

Thanks brentfett.

Maybe I should have said "hard to find" ?

I think people have really gotten a bad gut feeling when it comes to the word 'rare' in collecting (thanks very likely to scalpers). And yet, there are so many 'hard to find in your area' posts throughout the internet and this board. Go figure... I mean, right now there's the post about the value of the Weequay freeze frames. But no one's throwing rocks at them...
    *shrugs shoulders*

Dexter with background is a keeper.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Bent Wookie, I don't believe you deserve the piling on either. I collect/buy the figures based on what I think of the character. If I like them in the movie I'll buy the figure. For example you mentioned Taun We. I thought the Kamino cloners were really cool in the movie, so I picked up Taun We right away. I see that figure every once in a while, but it is not a pegwarmer, I would keep it, its cool. But to get to the rare issue, nothing is rare right now, they are hard to find. But they may become rare in the future when they are not available at the retail level anymore. I really like collecting and won't sell my stuff, but I know if I do, I will get my money back and then sum. They aren't going to make you rich but they do have some value, and not just their M.S.R.P., they will be worth a bit more than that. Especially a figure like Yoda which is always being sought after, because he was so awesome in the movie.

I think anyone pimping these figures for more than retail right now on Ebay, are just too much. However in the future (5 years or so) this is cool because they won't be available therefore if you need to get em to finish your collection you pay more (unless its 3PO, cause he is warming huge around here).

If you really need to return items, go to a few stores and see what's available. That way you know for sure which are pegwarmers and which are hard-to-find. Personally, I like to keep all my figs, as I like to complete a collection if I actually collect something. But it's your choice, so you need to do what is right for you.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!