so sick of companies that never get their stuff

I am so sick of dealing with online toy retailers like PlanetActionFigure and, most recently, Yestertoys, that take an order from you and never get the product you ordered. About a month ago, not wishing to scour TRU's forever, I placed an order with Yestertoys for the TIE Interceptor. I was led to believe that they had them in stock. Since they gave no arrival date, I emailed them and they said it would arrive on Sept. 25th.
    The 25th came and went, so I emailed them again last Friday and they said it would ship Monday. It is now Wednesday, no TIE Interceptor in stock, none shipping. I could have gotten one from TRU a hundred times by now. I order from these places because they lend the impression that they have things in stock, then I wait and wait and wait and I usually end up cancelling the order because they take so friggin long. The main two companies this happens with are the two mentioned above. Why are these people so lame? If you don't have a product in stock, DON'T ADVERTISE. I didn't even learn they didn't have it in stock until AFTER I ordered. And if you're going to take preorders, make damn well sure you're going to have it out on or reasonably close to the date you promised!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

LOL. Hmm, that could be true, I didn't think of that.

online stores are only as good as their communication. B. S. is not cool!

I still highly recommend New Force...when it comes to keeping his customers well informed - for good or bad, no one beats Rick; his prices are a helluva lot better than Entertai - I can't say that evil name, sorry!
    Last edited by AmanaMatt; 10-03-2001 at 01:02 PM.

The Only thing I can offer is that the source that they get their products from isn't reliable, meaning that there distributor doesn't carry regular stock! I was part owner of a Direct Merchandising Company, and most of our products came from Importers! So we could only sell, what they got in! There were only about 5 mainstay products that we could always count on getting, the rest like I said were always changing!
    If they have any ethics at all, I'm sure these online companies are working to get that "reliable source", but for now it's what they have to work with.
    I know this doesn't help you get your collectibles any sooner, but I thought it might give you an insight to their perspective!
    I do agree with you though, they could have atleast put on the Website: Call/Email for Availability! That was there only mistake! Judging the balance of consumer interest and company promotion with consumer trust and company execution! Hey we're all just trying to make a buck! I say don't give up on 'em, but if you can find a more reliable source in the interim while giving them a little busines now and then I'm sure everyone would be happy!

Exclamation Beware of Yestertoys!

My first, only, and last dealing with Yestertoys was horrible.

I purchased an item and was charge five dollars over the published price in their catalog and website.

All email inquiries as to why the overcharge were ignored (I emailed several times and never once did Yestertoys have the courtesy to respond). Never phoned them...I wasn't about to waste any more of my money on them. They have my five bucks they won't get any more!

I know they're an advertiser on SSG, but I will NEVER deal with them again!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That sounds about right, TeeEye. Only I did get responses from them and they were all very short and rude. You know, theres two or three companies that advertise here on SSG that I wouldn't recommend to anyone, because of bad service, but I won't be rude and name names. I will say though, there is a huge difference between online stores that sell toys they get directly from Hasbro or other dealers, and online stores that sell the stuff they take off the store shelves out of the hands of collectors like you and me. Anyone that knows me knows I'm referring to a certain local online retailer who shall remain nameless now, but hasn't always. Ok, I'm getting off the subject now.

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't point out my own hypocrisy pertaining to my first post in this thread, where I named PlanetActionFigure. I have since ordered from them, I haven't gotten my stuff or anything, but I want to say they are not as bad as some of the others. They just don't always get their stuff when they say they will, or even soon after.