Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

does obi-wan ever become a jedi master?

or does he just stay a jedi knight?
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

He never trained Anakin all the way to Knighthood, so Obi-Wan never becomes a Master. He's always a Knight.

Hes' still a master in my eyes, he never gets the chance to achieve Jedi master status, cause the Jedi get wiped out.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

i always figured he was the equivalant of a master--but there was no council left to grant him the title--so he died a knight
    [font=courier]"looks like i could use some fabric softener"[/font]

I thought once you took an apprentice you were a master. So he was a master since he trained Anakin. Guess I was wrong.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

i thoguht the same thing as mikeandthebots did.............
    we were wrong
    hango

No. Your first Padawan has to complete his training before you been a Master.

oh..i see...
    thanx deadeye!
    hango

Always a pleasure. And to clear up future questions, they called Obi-Wan "Master Kenobi" even though he was only a Knight, because he was Anakin's master.

I believe the current version of "how to become a Jedi Master" thanks to the prequels is to take on 3 padawan learners, not just 1. So unless Obi-Wan taught another Jedi from beyond the grave, he's a Jedi Knight.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.