Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 71 to 75 of 75
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Of course, given the whole dealio with New Krypton, there could be far more now.
    Good point, but New Krypton is in the far reaches of space now. Unless someone went out that far to retrieve it (which I do not know if that is even possible) that batch of Kryptonite is long gone.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

  2. #72
    It may be in space, but would it be physically possible to uproot an entire continent and throw it into space without some pieces falling to earth?

    I'm just saying, is all.

    (God, this is pathetic. )
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    How can there ever be a "last remaining piece of Kryptonite?" It was scattered all over Smallville. Even if some device was made to radiate Kryptonian elements specifically, not all of it is in the wild any more. The Luthors and others have taken an interest in seeing to that.
    Well let's not forget the horror of Superman III and the creation of the computer that creates the kryptonite ray. Lex Luthor would make something like this.
    also you got the Joker from World's Finest finding the Jade Dragon and realizing that's it's Kryptonite. writers have a funny way of making something that is destroyed or thought to be long gone see the light of day again. if the Lex Luthor of Superman Returns can find a way to re-create a lost world and the one thing that can kill Superman then anything is possible.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It may be in space, but would it be physically possible to uproot an entire continent and throw it into space without some pieces falling to earth?

    I'm just saying, is all.

    (God, this is pathetic. )
    Tons of large chunks were falling off the bottom although that could have been mostly regular land to seperate him and the kryptonite until it started growing through. Still, some likely did fall off.

    Plus:
    -Lois threw the shard from Supes' back into the ocean.
    -The hospital removed a fragment from his back.
    -Lex broke the large shard in half when he impaled Supes and didn't throw the other piece away.
    -There was tons of excess kryptonite left when they made that cylinder which was done in the mansion's basement, so all that could still exist.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "Versus" would not work.

    Period.

    For one thing, both have too great a fanbase to have a true victor of any sort. And calling it "Batman Vs Superman," and having them beat up each other for 85 minutes before finding out Lex Luthor's behind everything, well, it's a cheap shot.
    Alien vs Predator proved that sadly, people will still go - it cost $45mil and made $80mil - because they want a slugfest for characters they recognize and are sorta fans of. Plus, the studio would like it because it'd mean they wouldn't have to write much of a script.


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    in order for a good fight sequence to happen Batman would have to break out the kryptonic Bat-Suit to stand of chance of even hurting Superman. I know I spelt that wrong but hey it's early in the morning.
    Nah, look at how the big fight at the end of The Dark Knight Returns went down, the only Kryptonite was from Green Arrow's arrow, Batman simply brought a badass tank and mech suit to the party, and would have won if he hadn't faked a heart attack.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    How can there ever be a "last remaining piece of Kryptonite?" It was scattered all over Smallville. Even if some device was made to radiate Kryptonian elements specifically, not all of it is in the wild any more. The Luthors and others have taken an interest in seeing to that.
    Smallville is so far outside the continuity that it's not worth mentioning.


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Well let's not forget the horror of Superman III and the creation of the computer that creates the kryptonite ray. Lex Luthor would make something like this.
    Well, you're right that only a sinister mind like Lex Luthor's could make a movie as bad as Superman III. But it takes a true genius like Richard Pryor to make a Kryptonite laser.


    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Tons of large chunks were falling off the bottom although that could have been mostly regular land to seperate him and the kryptonite until it started growing through. Still, some likely did fall off.
    In the theater I saw it, it was all brown earth falling off. I would think that Superman would make sure to pull up as much earth as possible beneath the island of kryptonite to avoid such things happening. Still, your other points about the various pieces left behind are accurate, and there's likely some in orbit around the planet that didn't make it into the atmosphere when Kal-el got here, as well as perhaps some embedded on the moon's surface.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO