Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wal-Mart "deleting" Saga line?

Went to Wal-Mart today and the stock guy said when asked if there were more in the back that the line was "deleted". This is otherwise known as discontinued. If this is true, looks like TRU, Zellers will probably be the only stores left carrying this product. I heard this on another site from a guy who heard this at another Wal-Mart store so this confirms the fact. This is pretty strange since Wal-Mart has been selling them pretty good and is where I picked up all my sweet finds (Chewbacca, Orn Free Taa, Vader, Solo).

I doubt the info is in fact true, you know how people who don't have a clue what they are talking about say sometimes. I can't believe this cause we are still getting them here and have been for years. Ask the person in charge of the toy dept, they will know better.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I also thought this sounded strange but I heard it from this guy, and on snowtroopers.ca from a guy at another store. I don't know about your Wal marts buy mine have gotten all the new figs before any other store. Actually in my area the TRU and Zellers never got the Orn Free Taa wave, only the Wal mart. YOu seen any Anakin Deluxe out east, that is one awesome figure!

Yeah, he's at zellers surprisingly, along with Nexu as well.
    I just can't see Walmart discontinuing a line that is doing well.
    Here in N.B. they have never deleted a S.W. line, they kept Episode I, Power of the Jedi, and I'm pretty darn sure they will keep Saga as well. Just makes sense to me, they are selling like hotcakes.

We got all the waves so far except Djas's

P.S. Zellers here is pretty good, but Toysrus has a ton clogging the pegs because of their prices.

Same here, what are the warmers at your TRU, this is what's clogging here:

C3PO
    Nikto
    Padme
    Battle Droid
    Super Battle Droid
    Saesee Tin

Other than that pretty much everyone else is gone, a few Vaders, Jango FB, and Lukes at another Wal-mart but that's it.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by brandon
    Yeah, he's at zellers surprisingly, along with Nexu as well.
    I just can't see Walmart discontinuing a line that is doing well.
    Here in N.B. they have never deleted a S.W. line, they kept Episode I, Power of the Jedi, and I'm pretty darn sure they will keep Saga as well. Just makes sense to me, they are selling like hotcakes.

We got all the waves so far except Djas's

P.S. Zellers here is pretty good, but Toysrus has a ton clogging the pegs because of their prices.
    TRU in Fredericton has lowered their prices to $7.99 I think...my wife was there this past weekend and bought Vader & Luke for about $7.99 each... and that is cheaper than Wal-Mart which sells theres for $8.94 or something.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Hey Darkross good to here from ya. Toyrus in Saint John has nothing new except the usual peg-warmers. To answer Count Dooku's question: all of them are peg warming right now, except Yoda, Anakin H/D and yes you too Count Dooku. Seems Walmart and Zellers of all places has new stuff arriving on a regular basis.

Registered
    Ontario, CANADA where there are no TARGET stores
    I hope this Walmart rumor is not true. As if it isn't hard enought to find everything already!
    Don't drink the blue milk! Why? It's spoiled!

Wal-marts

I very highly doubt it is true at all. I had one employee tell me the same thing, a week later they got the next two waves of figures.

To be honest, the employees at the stores don't know what Wal-mart is doing, and half the time they don't even know what is going on in their own department. Only head office and the buyers knows what is being picked up by the Wal-mart chain, and what isn't. Even the managers at the Wal-marts don't know what is being sent to them half the time. Wal-mart head office just sends what they want to each store.

Don't put too much faith into what an employee who is making 6.50 an hour tells you. They really don't know what is going on nor do they care what is going on, they are just there to put in the time and get paid.

Re: Wal-marts

Originally posted by greedo
    I very highly doubt it is true at all. I had one employee tell me the same thing, a week later they got the next two waves of figures.

To be honest, the employees at the stores don't know what Wal-mart is doing, and half the time they don't even know what is going on in their own department. Only head office and the buyers knows what is being picked up by the Wal-mart chain, and what isn't. Even the managers at the Wal-marts don't know what is being sent to them half the time. Wal-mart head office just sends what they want to each store.

Don't put too much faith into what an employee who is making 6.50 an hour tells you. They really don't know what is going on nor do they care what is going on, they are just there to put in the time and get paid.
    Well I wouldn't believe everything I heard from a Wallmart Employee, but the toy manager at my Walmart has never let me down. She's a Star Wars nut as well and she's on top of all the toys coming and going.