Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wupi Upi...

Question Wupi Upi...

OK what in the name of... is a wupi upi (or whatever it is)...

Just how does Jar Jar know what it is? And why does he freak out when the alien at the market in Tatooine tells him the thing he is eating costs X wupiupis?

The reason i find it strange is that Jar Jar lives in Naboo and this happens in Tatooine... so any explanations would be welcome.

I figure Jar Jar didn't know what Wuiupi-upi were, which is why he freaked out because he was caught in the act of pilfering and didn't know how to respond.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe the same word for the local currency on Tatooine is actually a very bad insult on Naboo among the Gungans. Either that, or it's Star Trek Syndrome, where everyone understands everyone else miraculously.

Oooooh, the universal translator, ohhh, it's so realistic.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I figure Jar Jar didn't know what Wuiupi-upi were, which is why he freaked out because he was caught in the act of pilfering and didn't know how to respond.
    I always figured it was something along the lines of that. Like he was acting more like Chewie in ROTJ by going by his stomach and plus he didn't know what the heck that thing was talking about.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Jonna
    The thing I want to know is what exactly is a Chipor Snipit (SP).

Something for Anakin to give to Padme so he could take a chance of possibly being able to snippit on her shirt to slip a touch.

Or just something that was rattling around in his pocket and he just wanted her attention...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Jonna
    Like pocket lint?

The intresting thing about the Japor Snippet, is that the carving looks similar to the symbol on Captain Panaka's and the other Naboo Security uniforms. So it's a hint to the audience, showing that he does see some future events thru the force, even though he's not been trained yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The intresting thing about the Japor Snippet, is that the carving looks similar to the symbol on Captain Panaka's and the other Naboo Security Personel uniforms. So its showing how well thru the force he can see the future, even though he's not been trained yet.
    Or he stole it from Panaka's uniform while he was showering then just fiddled with it alittle to make it look different.

Jonna
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The intresting thing about the Japor Snippet, is that the carving looks similar to the symbol on Captain Panaka's and the other Naboo Security uniforms. So it's a hint to the audience, showing that he does see some future events thru the force, even though he's not been trained yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Nice catch! I hadn't noticed that one.