Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Movies that you HATE

Favorite movies are easy. But which wastes of celluloid stole your 8 bucks and precious minutes of your life? This isn't just for moderate disliking of a movie, but really gut-level "what the hell were they thinking?" kinds of loathing. Yes you can include those situations where you only saw part of the thing because you just had to walk out before all sense of good taste left your body.

I'll start it out with "Batman and Robin". And yes, I did manage to keep myself in my seat, thus revealing levels of internal fortitude heretofore unknown to myself.

Thumbs up Cool thread!!

Ok, here we go:

The thin red line....i expected a lot from this movie, but somehow the film shows no direction!!

Austin Powers II...Not good at all...just two or three good jokes in this film.

Nightmare on Elm street parts III +
    Friday the 13th parts V+

Virus...Not even Jamie Lee Curtis saves this one!!

The Quick and the dead...just look at the ending of this movie...i mean, a bullet hole in Gene Hackman's body where u can see thru it????

Hanibal...this one just Sucked BIG time...where was the original Clarisse (Jodie Foster)???

There are more...
    Last edited by Lobito; 10-08-2001 at 07:22 PM.
    As always...........L

I'd say that Batman Forever and Batman and Robin totally ruined the Batman legacy. Proof that Batman is nowhere without Burton. The Haunting, Snow Day, The Man Who Knew Too Little and Dudly Doo Right were some other ones. Scary Movie, American Pie, 10 Things and just about every other teenager movie i have seen in my life were awful.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I would never go see anything with Will Smith in it, but I hate Wild Wild West because they show it constantly on HBO. Also, any Batman movie after the first one.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Badmouthing Quick and the Dead?? I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to step outside...

Previously Mentioned
    Batman and Robin (internal fortitude is right)
    Hannibal
    Haunting
    Wild Wild West
    Virus

A few new ones
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Gummo
    Spy Kids
    Any movie by Peter Hyams
    Highlander:Endgame
    Any Sly Stallone film made since 1985 except Cliffhanger and Copland (which arent great but fall in the mediocre category)

ohhhhhh..there's more.....lots more....

Upon a friends recommendation, I stupidly bought the video of Titan AE - what a pile of c**p!

Last Days of Disco - self obsessed pretentious c**p!

Will think of more

BC3

Just remembered the worst line in a film ever......

The film - The Allnighter starring Suzanne Hoffs(Hoffman?) out of the Bangles.

The plot - the last night out for a bunch of high school friends.

The scene - 2 Californian surfers are enjoying ice lies on the beach.

The line - "It's heaven on a stick, dude".

Very amusing for us Lancashire folk in Northern England - it had us laughing for days.

Cheers

BC3

Still more to come - love this thread

NO WAY! Gummo is a great movie, it reminds me of people I grew up with. Seriously, I know people like that. They are hilarious.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

How could I forget.........

Star Trek Insurrection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a life longer trekker, I was appauled by this - it was so bloody nice - perfect moments ! My bottom!

(especially after the brilliant First Contact - number 10 better be good).

BC3

Thumbs down Nightfall

I HATED the movie Nightfall , based on a wonderful short story by Isaac Asimov. I believe it has recently been released on video and is a total waste of time!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]