Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what happens to yoda's lightsaber...

since he doesn't have one in ESB or ROTJ, does it get broke or does he just not use it like he does in I and II?
    (this could go in EIII, but i don't know..)
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Re: what happens to yoda's lightsaber...

Originally posted by hango fett
    since he doesn't have one in ESB or ROTJ, does it get broke or does he just not use it like he does in I and II?
    (this could go in EIII, but i don't know..)
    hango
    Well, he doesn't use it in I.

But I see your point. I think maybe he just gets rid of it. Perhaps one of his last lessons HE learned is that "wars not make one great."

Re: Re: what happens to yoda's lightsaber...

Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider

Well, he doesn't use it in I.

No he didn't use it but I saw a picture in the visual dictionary of it.
    So he could have had it about his person.
    Seeing Episode 2 confirms he has one.
    He doesn't use it in the OT, doesn't mean he hasn't got it, as in Episode 1.
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

yes, but does he have it in TPM? i guess i should have just asked that..
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Why wouldn't he have it in TPM? Maybe in the time between Ep3 and ESB, Yoda broke his saber or lost it in the swamps of Dagobah or something.

good idea, deadeye but I think Vader/Dooku/Palpatine will take it from him some how because they think he will defeat them or something....
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

Yoda does have a lightsaber in EP I, although its not seen in the movie, you can see it in the EP I visual dictionary as lunchymeatball said.

The question remains for ESB and ROTJ, but i think he still had the saber in those two movies.
    As always...........L

Lightsaber ?

Well where is Yoda's lightsaber in ESB or ROTJ ? Your guess is as good as mine, but I would imagine that it's either stored away like Obi-Wan did with Luke's fathers, or Yoda lost it in Episode III.
    If he lost it which I doubt, because it's a Jedi life line like Obi-Wan said in ATOC, but if he did it was most likely in his last battle. I really believe that it's stored away for safe keeping.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Re: Lightsaber ?

Originally posted by brandon
    I really believe that it's stored away for safe keeping.
    I agree with brandon.

He definitely didn't carry it around with him on Dagobah (and why would he? He the only sentient creature on the planet) but we don't know that he didn't train Luke with it. Luke was on Dagobah for several weeks (I think) and we only saw a tiny bit of his training. And when he faced Vader on Bespin, he was obviously pretty skilled at dueling.

So Yoda may very well have used his saber to teach Luke and we just didn't see it.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

In TPM we wouldn't off seen it because we didn't even see it in AOTC until he pulled back his cloak. I'll have to agree with Brandon, quite possibly he hid it away on Dagobah so he would only have to use it if it ever came to that.

If he had lost it I think he would've just built another lightsaber.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"