Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Tours Figures, an Updated Reality Check

Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone an update. A little bit ago, someone posted on this forum that anyone could order the new Star Tours figures via telephone, or through an e-mail address. However, that is NOT TRUE!! I tried to order myself a set through the telephone first. I called several times, and talked to several different people. I was told the same thing by each of the salespeople. It was that the only way anybody to get these figures now was to be at the opening of the new Disney Store, "Once Upon a Toy." The store opens on August 1st. So, nobody can get them through the telephone numbers given, and through the e-mail correspondance. So it really looks like these two figures will be pretty hard to get a hold of, unless through the Fan Club and/or ebay!!

What is everyone's thoughts on this . . .??

Hard to get a hold of? I doubt it. I mean you'll have to go to Didney World to get them, but they'll probally have tons of them. Hasbro would just make just a few of them. That's not how these things work. Once the store opens they'll be tons of them on ebay for just about $10.00. I'm mearly guess, but it will probally come true. Eveyone in FL will be trying to cash in on these and no one will bite becasue that are boreing ugly figures that have a miniscual presence in the Star Was Universe. They are even farther that Expanded Universe. They are more like "Invented Disney Universe". Don't freat just yet. Wait until mid Aug and you'll be able to get them on ebay. You may pay $15 or so each, but that's a lot cheeper than the price to go to Disney Land and the price of the ticket to get in .

Case in point. They sale and exclusive Indiana Jones 3 3/4 figure there for $10.00. He's one of the most popular movie characters ever and that's the only action figure form he comes in. He sells for right around $15-20. So, these not so popular droids should be less, once they are out.

Hey Maybe we can get Sir Steeve (who lives in FL) to take a trip and buy a whole bunch and sell them off to us forumnites.

What do you say Sir Steve???
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I think it sucks. Yet another addition to the scalpers' arsenal.

I'm sure there are plenty of people around there who would be willing to trade for them. Either that or if you know friends or friendly neighbors that are going to Disney you could possibly ask them and give them an amount of money for spending on those, trustworthy neighbors of course though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Once Upon A Toy is a store located in the Downtown Disney area of Walt Disney World. It is free to get in to Downtown Disney, and does not require any sort of admission to it, or any of the four parks.
    And of course, I went to WDW just last month.

True, but for people not near the Disney World/ Disney Land vicinity, it will cost them a good bit just to travel to the "happiest place on earth" just to get a few figures. Not unless they happen to go on vacation....
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

I hope these figures are wourth good in trade value because I want to get an extra set to see if i can trade it for Jorg Sacul.

These figs are already available at DWorld as my friend just went there and picked them up a bit ago and they are supposed to available at DLand I hear in either August or October. I just went to Downtown Disney (So.Cal) and nothing as of yet. I will keep checking since I live only 20 minutes away.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

These figures are pretty cool...
    I would buy them if I saw them! I am always ready to buy different looking droids!!!!!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!