Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

All right who here supports EU???

After all there is more to the story than what GL gives us. There is even things that GL does give us (visually) that are there for a reason and should be or at least have a story somewhere about it. As long as it is not conflicting I accept it as part of the actual story.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I love EU. If not for EU, my interest in SW would be cut in half probably.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I dig some EU, but some is downright silly. Sometimes I loathe the fact that you need the visual dictionaries and cross section guides to understand all the minor stuff going on in the films.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I like some of the characters and some of the EU but some of it sucks. Most of the post ROTJ stuff isn't good in my opinion. I don't like the stuff that deals with the main characters I like when they make new characters and incorperate them into their own stories. For example, the original Dark Forces, had very little mention of the main characters (besides Vader who makes a brief apperance) and you fight Boba Fett but that's it. Sure it conflicts a little with the DS plans being at some base but it was still cool.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

As most of you know, I am a heavy supporter of EU I have read many novels and loved each and everyone of them. I am a firm believer in the phrase, "It's all Star Wars, baby". I make no real seaperation between EU and the movies. To me, its a continuation of something I love. I have not read a bad story yet
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Yeah, I agree with Dar. Well, there ARE the Barbara Hambley books......but in general
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I've read all the EU novels I could find except for the Lando Adventures, because IMO they are the worst read in all EU novels, ranking just ahead of Children of the Jedi.

Am I the only one that didn't want Rebel Dream to end? While reading that book I was wishing that the pages would never stop.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

Haven't read Rebel Dream yet. I'm still looking for a copy of Visions of the Future, the sequal to Spectors of the Past. Now there's a good book that I didn't want to end
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

As for "believeing" EU, I tend to beleive what I can remember which is mostly nothing specific., HEHEHE.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

EU.... isn't that the name of the west european trade union? WHAT?...Ohhhh, right. I like my own EU, a world where 21-b is king. I believe I pitched it elsewhere here. It's a trilogy called "Take Care,Sir- the complete 21-b". I'm working on the Power droid saga next, but I'm having problems working out the relationship between him and fx-7(What a jerk, for more read "even set dressings get the blues")
    Sorry, I know, I'm a jerk. I just stopped reading EU in 1980 after "splinter of the mind's eye" got roundly discounted by ESB,
    tried to read "heir to the empire" thinking that it was the basis for more films, then had to stop when I got to the bit about Lando's "Land City", on top of the constantly movin walkers. I couldn't figure out the repair protocols for the thing... My least favourite part of EU has to be TPM, though, which I still can't call Star Wars with a straight face....(HOLY COW, MABUDON's POSTED SOMETHING TO DO WITH STAR WARS!?!)
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.