I'm posing the question to this forum: Would you rather pay slightly (or a lot) more NOW to get a toy, or wait until much later and take your chances to get it cheaper?
Sometimes I find myself in a situation (I'm a variation collector so it becomes pain stakingly evident at times) when I cannot decide to put up the extra $5 or $10 to get a figure I may not find ever again, or JUST TO WAIT. Will I find it again at regular retail? MAYBE....but do I want to take my chances?? Most of the time I would answer no. I have made mistakes in the past, and if I have the money, I'll put out a few extra bucks to save myself the trouble.
This, however, does not apply to buying UN-RELEASED figures from out of the country. A company called "Noble-Toy", you all may have heard of, sells un-released toys at inflated prices with high shipping costs because it is from out of the country. You could get a figure or vehicle due out months from now TODAY if you just pay a price this is triple or quadrouple the retain price. I AM NOT BAD MOUTHING NOBLE-TOY, but just using them as an example. Buying un-released toys in that type of situation is stupid, IMO. Only because they WILL be released in time. And even if I don't find them on the shelves, I can hit up Ebay (if I choose to) for a small markup.