Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How did Vader know? Was it the force?

How was Vader so sure that when the probe droid sent back the info of Hoth that it was the rebel base. Was it due to any link that he had with Luke?
    Last edited by scruffziller; 07-10-2002 at 07:09 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Didn't it send back a picture of the shield generator?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
    Didn't it send back a picture of the shield generator?
    That's exactly what I thought too MikeAndTheBots/ The shield generator gave them away.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

But there are so many uncharted settlements.

A shield generator of that size in such a remote location? Vader didn't need the Force to tell him that one! I don't think there's any way to know for sure, but it seems like Vader *knew* really quickly - either because of the tactical issue or because of a Force premonition.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think what he saw, mixed with a gut feeling brought on by the force told him that Hoth was the place. Vader says "That's it. And I'm sure Skywalker is with them." which leads me to believe he was able to feel Luke's presence when seeing the image. Scary, scary powerful. Vader kicks butt.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by JediTricks
    A shield generator of that size in such a remote location? Vader didn't need the Force to tell him that one! I don't think there's any way to know for sure, but it seems like Vader *knew* really quickly - either because of the tactical issue or because of a Force premonition.
    The real reason for my question was that the admiral was dissmissing as it "it could be smugglers etc.". Perhaps since he had so much power that he immediately just said "GO"
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by scruffziller

The real reason for my question was that the admiral was dissmissing as it "it could be smugglers etc.". Perhaps since he had so much power that he immediately just said "GO"
    Nah...Ozzel was a weazel and was just looking for "proof not leads". He was scared to take any initiative until he "came out of lightspeed too close to the system (Hoth)"...which he was obviously trying to impress Darth Vader and show off to the officers under his command and also trying to patch-up any strikes against him with Darth Vader. "You have failed me for the LAST time admiral!" Ozeel knew his butt was on the line where Vader was concerned...and he would have lived had his plan worked...but instead it backfired!

Personally I think Vader favored Captain Piett...because he followed orders and wasn't careless like Ozzel was.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I was just playing devil's avocate before -

I do feel that he used the Force for this one. Also, Vader's dislike of Ozzel could be a factor - showing how incompetent he is to his lesser officers - He is as clumsy as he is stupid.