Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Halloween Movie

Did I miss something or did Jamie Lee Curtis not hackoff Michael's head in Halloween H2O? Another Jason from the dead?
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Nope, it's nothing a simple as the old Jason back from the dead thing in this case. I really don't wanna post a spoiler for this, but if you wan't to know just send me a PM. Or give me a few minutes to work up an attachment with what happened. Ok, it's attached now. If you want to know what happenes after that in the hospital, I could be convinced to put a little more up.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Beast; 07-10-2002 at 08:55 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks for the info JarJar! Now everything is clear.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Here's somemore from the beginning of the movie. It's a larger version that goes into what happens after the explanation behind Michael's return. This info comes from a test screening from back in March though, and some changes were made. So what is stated as happening may be slightly different then what actually ends up on screen. Won't tell ya anymore, because I want people that see it to still have some suprises.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thankx JarJarBinks, now it kinda makes sense a little bit, even though we didn't need another Halloween movie. Seems now a days that they can't come up with anything original to put out and we get stuck with these kind of lame A** movies.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Originally posted by brandon
    Thankx JarJarBinks, now it kinda makes sense a little bit, even though we didn't need another Halloween movie. Seems now a days that they can't come up with anything original to put out and we get stuck with these kind of lame A** movies.
    We can NEVER have enough of these films. I love 'em. I watched Jason X (loved it by the way,) and I plan on seeing then new Halloween this weekend. Its movies like these that are a nice distraction from the usual crap that seems to be infesting movie theaters lately.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

According to the review where I got the info that I posted above, it's the best Halloween movie since Halloween 2. So that atleast says somthing for the film. I really wish they would put out S.E. versions of the other Halloween films. Especially 6, since the death of Donald Pleasence required the film to be re-edited to change what happens in it, and also so that there wouldn't be a huge question as to what happened to him for the next sequel.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Damnitt Binksy, quit defending Halloween 6 - it's a terrible premise to begin with, regardless of the edit ! ! !

Ah heck, I'd still buy the DVD . . . if it was available ! ! ! I've only seen it offered in a 4 pack with the bad Hellraiser movies and something else.
    Seriously though - I know we've talked about this before, but I watched it again recently on HBO, and I really hate the whole thing.

Anyway, on to the new H2K errrr I mean Hall8ween errrr I mean
    Halloween: MichaelMyers.com
    Oh, its called Halloween Resurrection?

Yep, I'm going Friday! I like the movies, as lame as they get sometimes.
    Wolfy (and it's good to see you again BTW ) as bad as Jason X was, I still enjoyed parts of it too . . . I grew up on this stuff, and it's still fun as an adult. I know alot of it is lame, but I still have fun.

About those spoilers, I don't mind the plotline at all. When Moustappha Akkad announced H20 wasn't the end, all I wanted was for them to show why Mikey was still around, and that it be done in a manner that does not exclude him from H20 (someone suggested that they reveal an impostor as the killer in H20 - sorry, I didn't know I was watching F13 part 5 )
    Anyway, I thought they should have used Adam Arkin as the ringer, but a paramedic will do fine.

As for it being the best since part 2, notice Rick Rosenthal is directing? He did 2 as well. Man, why did they have to screw up part 5? Part 4 was so good, but because of the 5 disaster, I have to discount 4 in the "canon" (jeez, what is this, Star Wars ? ? ? ).

Actually, according to the whole plotline of H20 and this one, you really have to discount 4-6 anyway. Because according to the 2 newest movies, none of that stuff ever happened.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes and no.

I like how they "killed" Laurie Strode in a car wreck (she faked her death) as shown in those newpaper clippings in 4.
    so it's a cool way of having her daughter in the movie, without having Laurie. But then H20 comes along, and while her being alive makes sense, they had to add Josh Hartnett to the mix as her kid. There's no mention of Jamie Lloyd, so are we supposed to ignore that part? The answer is yes, but I don't think they had to do it that way. One little line from her about her guilt over leaving her daughter (who was then killed by the Shape) would have glossed it over. Josh obviously was born after she fled.
    But they didn't go that way, and I'm glad that they also threw out the Thorn shenanigans.

Are those the the only issues with continuity? I mean, 4 could work within the frame of 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 . . . . by itself , that is.
    5 is such a direct sequel to 4, that it drags it down with it, IMO.