Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hey Caesar, there is a new 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween that is coming out next year. Supposedly they were able to get the Audio Commentary that was recorded for the Criterion Laserdisc, so that will be included. I'll see if I can dig up any further info.

And yes, the new avatar is from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. Sorry, I am a huge Steve Oedekerk fan from his "Thumb" series of short films. So I decided to do some new avatars of some of his movies and shorts. Just for the hell of it.

Update: Ok, here is what I was able to find. No word on whether the Audio Commentary will be the 1994 Criterion Laserdisc one or not. I hope so, that is a great Audio Commentary. It featured John Carpenter, Debra Hill, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

HALLOWEEN 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - Fall 2003

It has been 25 years since Michael Myers first returned to Haddonfield. Now he returns to DVD for this special anniversary edition. Extras are still being determined, but expect a plethora of new goodies (i.e. audio commentary, etc.) for this exciting release. Expect more announcements in the coming months, and please note all features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-13-2002 at 09:24 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

All you Michael Myers fans are in for a treat, it appears that Anchor Bay has secured the Criterion Laserdisc Audio Commentary for the 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween for next year. Here's a small quote from a chat that Horrordvds.com had with Anchor Bay.

[22:03] <Dave> New Halloween DVD sounds good! Can you tell us if it will have the Criterion laserdisc commentary? Or a new one? If it is the Criterion, will it be a joint release between Criterion and Anchor Bay?

[22:04] <mfelsher> Well any Halloween DVD that is forthcoming will be ours. As for what exactly the next DVD incarnation will include, that is still being determined. I can however that the commentary everyone is hoping will be included on a future release is looking good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well, I saw Halloween Resurrection on Friday night, that being the first Halloween movie I ever saw. Well, knowing what to expect from horror movies, I was pleased with the movie. It was decent some what humorous at the same time. I will need to rent the original Halloween, however, so I can Michael Myers in all of his glory.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

Less is more! The original film had very few murders, compared to the new film's record body count.
    The first one is much, much scarier.
    Or more accurately - the first one is scary, the new one is not.

Finally saw the film last night and I have to say that I actually enjoyed it. It was a little better than H20, definitely better than 3, 5, and 6. I thought that the net-TV angle worked for me, and I liked the interaction with Deckard. I also thought the use of a confined dark space was more effective, and closer toward the first film's atmosphere. I also liked the characters more than the "disavowed" films, even Busta Rhymes, although his character was getting too over the top at the end.

My quibbles were with the climax in the shed, which was a little too dragged out, and the prologue, which I liked, but I think that Laurie Strode deserved better.

Overall, it was a pretty good popcorn movie, worth the price of admission.

I think I'll see this movie this weekend..I didnt plan on it but maybe...well see...

Finally got some DVD release news about "Halloween: Resurrection". This info is from Horrordvds.com. Nice features, might have to pick this one up.

"HALLOWEEN:RESURRECTION"
    Release Date: October 29, 2002
    MSRP: $29.99

Features Include:
    - Widescreen Presentation (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1)
    - Dolby Digital 5.0 Audio
    - English, Spanish, and French Subtitles

Special Features:
    - Audio Commentary with Director Rick Rosenthal,Busta Rhymes and Brad Lorree
    - Audio Commentary with the film's composer Danny Lux
    - "Resurrecting Halloween" Featurette
    - "Michael's New Look" Featurette
    - "Return To Haddonfield" Featurette
    - "Getting In Shape" Featurette
    - Deleted Scenes and Alternate Endings(Including Homecoming Cuts)
    - Cast Bios/ Auditions
    - Theatrical Trailers

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

More info on the 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween. This info is from Creature-corner.com. Apperantly not only have the secured the Criterion Laserdisc Audio Commentary, but some very intresting footage has been uncovered.

BEHIND THE SCENES ON HALLOWEEN?

By Ryan Rotten
    Contributing sources:

It’s hard to believe - for those old enough to feel this impact - that the 25th anniversary of John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ is almost upon us. Hard to believe too (or maybe not, actually) that plans for another ultimate ‘Halloween’ DVD are in the works.

That’s right. Just when you thought it was safe to put your wallets away, Myers is rearin’ is old white face yet again in a ‘Halloween’ 25th anniversary special edition courtesy of Anchor Bay...and possibly Criterion.

Don’t start your whining just yet. Here’s the full skinny...

No one can deny that AMC is kicking some serious arse with their documentary series ‘Backstory’ where they dish the inside dirt on films new and old. When they ran their episode focusing on ‘Predator’ giving us a glimpse of a never-before-seen pic of Jean Claude Van Damme in a scrapped Predator outfit, I was hooked. Well, those resourceful AMC folk have discovered, while prepping a ‘Backstory’ on ‘Halloween’, that someone was actually on the set of original ‘Halloween’ getting behind-the-scenes footage...

...and that footage has been found.

Roughly fifteen minutes have been discovered and will be included on the 25th anniversary DVD. If that doesn’t blow your little ‘Halloween’-fevered brain, here’s something that’s been a long time coming: there’s talk that Criterion is collaborating with AB to make sure that the commentary found on the former’s laserdisc special edition - featuring John Carpenter, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Debra Hill - will finally make it to DVD. Full specs of the DVD, or a solid release date (I’ve heard early Spring of ’03), have yet to be announced.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I gotta admit, I read through this read (all 5 pages) and I'm coming down with Myers fever.

I'm gonna catch the remake in the theater this weekend, then get going on watching 1-2 and 4-8 all in order.

I bought the new re-release last week, and there was movie cash included to see the new flick. Gonna catch it tomorrow night probably. Hope its good.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed