Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My first figure was Vader, followed closely by C3PO. After I spent about 3 hours calling every store in town looking for Star Wars figures, I finally found some and sent my Mom out shopping. She came home with a few dozen (I think they were less than $1 each) and used them as allowance for me and my brothers and sister for a while.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Thumbs up

I remember it was a Friday night and my father came home from work. He brought an original Luke and Leia home. He gave me Luke and my sister Leia. The next day I woke up and Vader was there in my room and then the next day he gave me an Obi-Wan.

There were four....
    The Early Bird Four!

I can still remember finding that little box in the mail and pulling the white tray out containing the harbingers of the rest of my life!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Well I had most of them as A kid ,but a few years ago when I wanted to fill in the missing figures that were lost in battle or lost there head or limbs do to over active battles as a child. The first I bought was the first Han from A little store called Lone star comics when I checked out the chashier handed me A flyer for A convention that weekend...
    ...and the rest is A long long line of green paper. A very very long line of green paper.
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

first figure

First vintage figure? Mine was a hand me down from my older cousin in '78 or '79. The figure was a "Sand Person" aka Tusken Raider. I still have it to this day, but of course he has no weapon or cape. His head is really loose, too. But, damn, I still remeber playing with that thing for hours in my parents' dining room.

Around that time I also had a generic R2-D2 that I called "iggle iggle iggle" 'cause that's the sound I thought R2 made in the movie. Ahhh, those were the days.

My first figures also were hand me downs: a C-3P0 with a broken off hand and a super-loose Hammerhead.

I got the original 12, X-wing, Tie, and Landspeeder for Christmas, 1978. But the first one that I opened was Darth Vader.

Early-bird Luke with telescoping saber. I think that early-bird R2 was mine also, but I think I traded it to my sister for another figure (back in the days when half the figures were hers, and half mine).

My 1st was Luke with the yellow hair.The only one that I have been able to hold on to.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."