Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Your First Vintage Figure???

Based on the thread by lynnferd named "Your First Figure" at the old SSG boards:
    http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?d...ID=15&PID=4862
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader, From Fx-7 to Lando, From Leia Boushh to Amanaman, Do you remember your first Star Wars figure that you got? Can you remember your first figure from all the movie lines(Aka ANH,ESB,ROTJ,POTF (and if you collect Ewoks and Droids))?

If so please tell
    Last edited by GNT; 09-22-2001 at 02:21 AM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Unhappy

Alas, I cannot participate in this thread, since my "firsts" are the same as in the old thread. Wait; I just did! Hooray!

But just to remind, Cloth Caped Jawa was my first ever SW toy.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I was five and my parents let me pick out my own toy for the first time ever. I picked Artoo, cuz I thought he was cute. My brother picked Chewbacca. This was 1978, when the toys first hit the shelves.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Ok, my first figures were Luke, Han, Chewie, 3PO, R2, Darth, OB1 and Jawa.

ESB...Luke Bespin Outfit

ROTJ...A. Akbar and Bib Fortuna

POTJ...Amanaman and imperial dignitary.

No droids or ewoks toys...(i never found them).
    As always...........L

The first Obi-wan, the one with the vinyl cape from ANH. Which is interesting, since it came out when I was about 1. Someone in my family was thinking ahead.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Echoing Bel-Cam's statement...

Posted previously: C-3P0 and R2-D2 for the outrageous 1978 price of $1.79 each at Kiddie City!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Would have been Darth Vader and Emperors Royal Guard around 1984 / 1985, I remember calling them the Red and Black Knight at the time, what a dummy!!!
    First POTF was a Short Saber in Long Tray Darth Vader (UK version)....

Originally posted by dukes
    Would have been Darth Vader and Emperors Royal Guard around 1984 / 1985, I remember calling them the Red and Black Knight at the time, what a dummy!!!
    First POTF was a Short Saber in Long Tray Darth Vader (UK version)....
    Hey, that's not so bad. I remember pretending Artoo was a two legged cannon!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I definitely did the canon business as well....
    [COLOR=blue]Now thats a name I've not heard in a long time...[/COLOR]

Lightbulb

Upside down Power Droids made cool Jawa hover-type vehicles, using the legs as the controls.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(