Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

C-3P0 on Ben Kenobi card

in an Australian Department store in 1995, I saw a C-3P0 figure on a Ben Kenobi card, grabbed it straight away. Anyone else have a mis-printed carded figure and what would be the rough estimate of this figure? thanks
    Admiral Ackbar: "May the force be with us..."

Most likely a fake. Someone bought both figures and swaped the figures and re-sealed the bubble. It's not really worth anything.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

How can it be a fake when I purchased it straight from a Department store myself? and besides I'm sure you can tell a sealed version from a resealed version!

cool

cool find. some people are really into error carded figures. some arent. it really depends on the collector. i am personally very into error figures.

this figure does not at all have to be a fake. you should be able to tell if it was resealed. mispackaging doesnt happen often, but it certainly does happen. especially packaging errors where they pack the wrong insert with the figure. (ie the wrong freeze frame, or comm tech chip)

some people would say that a figure that is packaged without the gun or saber or some other accessory is worthless to them. however, most of the times on ebay they sell for about $100. sometimes more than that. it really depends on the collector. i personally would never spend that much, but people do. the bottom line, as cliche as it sounds, is that it is worth whatever someone is willing to spend on it..........

hope that helps...
    stephen

Re: C-3P0 on Ben Kenobi card

well, it's July 2006, and I still have this figure

Quote Originally Posted by NEMISIS
    How can it be a fake when I purchased it straight from a Department store myself?
    Someone may have wanted a Ben and already had a 3PO, so he popped and swapped then returned.
    and besides I'm sure you can tell a sealed version from a resealed version!
    Not necessarily. Some people are really, really good at resealing figures. I don't know why anyone would waste there time to do a good reseal for a damn Obi-Wan figure.

There is always a chance that it could be legit but odds are...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEMISIS
    well, it's July 2006, and I still have this figure
    Did I miss something?
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Nemisis originally posted about this in 2002, it is now 2005, and he still has the figure for which he talked about in his 1st post. I had to do some heeavy research for your answer Bobby Fett!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Well consiodering the way some of the ROTS figs showed up with wrong inserts I could see this happening.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll take some photos when I'm back at work next week...I'll try and get some extreme closeups...ok, see ya from Australia!. Been a while since I've handled this figure...