Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Vader's Red Eyes

I just recently bought a Darth Vader figure w/ lightsaber . I was wondering why it has red eyes that glow when you hold it to the light . His eyes never looked that way in the movies . Does anybody know why they made Vader this way ? I mean , it's still a cool figure and I like it a lot but I just wanted to know about the eyes .
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

Josh,
    Was it a POTJ "Dagobah Vader"? If so, you might want to carefully move the chin portion of the helmet upward. You will find that the faceplate is partially removeable for a Dagobah surprise beneath. You can tell if it is this type of Vader by holding it up to the light. If a lot of light appears to pass through the body, it is a Dagobah Vader. Just think Luke's encounter at the cave...
    Let us know.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

He was up all night studying for the Imperial Diplomatic Corps Exams...

The POTF2 flashback Vader had reddish brown eyes. This was the way his mask looked in A new hope. But the Dagobah one has more pinky looking eyes. If you hold it up you can just about make out the eyes of the figures face beneath the mask. I thought that was so cool when i irst bought it and unwrapped it. Now though it's just another Vader in the pile..... God I'm a fickle old tart. Use 'em and lose 'em that's me. Now it's Tessek who's the love of my lif......... Oh, that's not natural is it. Darn it!

Thumbs up

I thought that Dagobagh Vader was the only Vader version with red eyes...now we have the FB version also...i'll check this out later at home. Thanks for the tip Jargo!!
    As always...........L

My POTF2 Vader has red eyes as well...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I am pretty sure the Commtech, Masters of the Dark Side 4", and Epic Force Vaders all have those reddish eye lenses as well. While only ANH Vader actually had this feature in the trilogy (and that's because the lenses weren't dark enough) I think Hasbro likes the feature because it makes the normally all-black helmet of Vader a little more dynamic; they actually went to extra steps to have these red eye lenses with the removable face plate - they molded the face plate in translucent red plastic, then painted everything but the lenses black.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't opened the figure yet . I probably never will . At least , not for awhile . Thanks for the info.
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

Thumbs up

If you look, Vader does have reddish eyes in the movie. The red eyes being included in the action figures is not really a new thing. Back in the vintage line some if the Darth Vader carrying cases came with red stickers on the eyes.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by evenflow
    If you look, Vader does have reddish eyes in the movie. The red eyes being included in the action figures is not really a new thing. Back in the vintage line some if the Darth Vader carrying cases came with red stickers on the eyes.
    In ESB? I don't remember that in ESB, only ANH.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.