Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

25th Anniversary Hardcover Edition

Sigh. The umpteenth reprint of the original novels. Yawn. DelRey never tires of bleeding the stone dry do they. (is that a mixed metaphor?) What I don't get is why they don't give Alan Dean Foster his due credit. Donald Glut and James Kahn both get their names on the cover. Everybody knows ADF wrote the dern thing, so just go ahead and put his name on the cover like he deserves...

I wonder if ADF requested his name be left off the book, or perhaps he ghostwrote it and his contract said he'd never get credit.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think GL will always keep him name on the original Star Wars novel to prevent people, decades from now, saying, "Star Wars, based on a novel by Alan Dean Foster."

Believe it or not, many people are still trying to find the original set of novels that GL based the saga on. I know cuz I've met one of them, and he still doesn't believe that it existed as a movie first then a novel (I know the novel was released first but it was based on the movie script).

I remember seeing the paperback in the stores in '77. Think I got it for my brother for his birthday but I can't pin a date down better than '77. It was a long time ago.

I do remember the place: Kroger.

Exclamation

Look at all the reprintings of the LOTR books. Story hasn't changed, but people buy 'em for new cover art. I have 3 copies: my paperback gold one from the late '70s early '80s, the SW Trilogy paperback collection, plus the paperback Special Edition.

Oh well. Star Wars sells.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Yeah, BCJ, LOTR is pretty nutsen with the reprints. A few days ago, I noticed the following versions on the shelves:

the somewhat older mass market paperbacks
    new mass market paperbacks with film photo covers
    trade paperbacks with film covers
    hardcovers with film covers
    hardcovers without film covers
    trade paperback omnibus of all three novels

That's just what's available right now, and doesn't include The Hobbit or Similarion (sp?).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

SW: ANH book release date

I recall seeing the original priniting of this book to have come out sometime in late 1976. I COULD be worng, but I think that's how the Library of Congress page read. I think the gold cover came out with the initial release of the film.

I believe the first printing of the three novels under one cover came out on the 10th anniversary of ANH. I believe they referred to it as the "Omnibus Edition". I'll have to go check my shelves for that one.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

This was one of the earlier books to come out before the movie.........in December 1976.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

25th Ann Collector's Ed SW Trilogy

0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Ooh..Pretty

Is it Hardback or a softcover?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!