Thread: movie novels

movie novels

if anyone has read them could you give me your opinion on them
    are they worth reading?
    Also are there any other good star wars books to read?
    I am also interested in the bounty hunters book
    i think it's called chronicles of the bounty hunters or something like that
    please post something with your opinion
    HELMET: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
    former room-mate.

LONE STARR: What's that make us?

HELMET: Absolutely nothing.

Thumbs up

YES! Read every Star Wars book. That way you can honestly decide which ones you like.
    To address your first question, I feel that all the SW movie novels are great. I especially liked TPM. The ANH novel provides written descriptions of several of the scenes not included onscreen.

And it's called the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, by last name Jeter (forget his/her first name). They're okay stories, nothing super.

Check out some of the other threads in this section regarding Forum members' good/bad/indifferent choices of EU (Expanded Universe) books and comics.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I agree with BCJ but here's a few you might want to try first:

Shadows of the Empire - it's a fun little story set between Empire and Jedi.

The Thrawn Trilogy: Heir to the Empire, Dark force Rising, the final command - good stuff.

Star Wars tales the comic - Some great stuff in here too.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Originally posted by billfremore

The Thrawn Trilogy: Heir to the Empire, Dark force Rising, the final command - good stuff.
    Morecow299 - The movie novels are really well done (that reminds me, I need to go back and read them again) I think you'll enjoy them quite a bit.

But as far as EU books go, READ THE THRAWN TRILOGY NOW! Zahns first three Star Wars are by FAR the most riveting, exciting, and faithful EU stories ever told. None of the Star Wars novels since then (and I've read them all) have mangaed to capture anywhere near the spirit of the movies like those three.

Even Zahns follow up two books, Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future, were no where near as good (although with those two he was saddled with several years of other peoples inventions and characters, whereas with the frist 3 he was wroking only from the films) And make sure to read the original novels, not the comic adaptations of them which were crap.

Shadows of the Empire was one of the better novels also. Like billfremore said it's a fun little story with some nice characters.

Dark Horses original 6 part Dark Empire comic book was really neat too with some great art and good writing and you can get it in a single Trade Paperback Edition.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

thank you all for your opinions
    pthfnder what is your opinion on the bounty hunter books
    HELMET: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
    former room-mate.

LONE STARR: What's that make us?

HELMET: Absolutely nothing.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The Tales of the Bounty Hunters was a book that had five short stories about the Hunters that appeared on Vader's ship in ESB. Some of the stories are lame, but some are really good, especially the Boba Fett story.

And in the certainly not nitpicking billfremore dept: The book was called The Last Command, not the final command.

Take Bel Cam Jos' advice. Read ALL the SW books and judge for yourself. What some people find utter crap, you might actually like. After you read them, THEN we can discuss why Crystal Star is the biggest piece of tripe ever written.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Take Bel Cam Jos' advice. Read ALL the SW books and judge for yourself. What some people find utter crap, you might actually like. After you read them, THEN we can discuss why Crystal Star is the biggest piece of tripe ever written.
    See? I kinda liked Crystal Star! Many people dislike The Courtship of Princess Leia, and it's one of my faves.

By the way, when you take my advice, please make sure you put it back afterwards.
    "That's what Sheev said."