Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Yoda is my mother-in-law

Just a slightly amusing story I thought I'd share with you all. I have a carded Episode 1 Yoda figure hanging on my wall in the computer room. The other day my 2 year old son, came in and pointed at the picture next to the bubble and said "Mae"!, his nickname for my wife's mother. I don't see the resemblance that much really, but everytime my son sees Yoda now, he identifies him as his "Mae". I kind of hope she doesn't find out, she'd probably be pretty offended.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Oddly enough, Mon Mothma is my Uncle. And Greedo was my roommate in college for a semester....

It's a small world.

Lightbulb

Fulit, maybe "Mae" is secretly teaching your son the ways of the Force. Here's a quick test you can use:

Does your son...
    not judge things by their size?
    put his weapons away?
    make a mess?
    look not so good when he reaches 900 years old?
    ask the impossible?
    not agree with "The Council's" decision?
    see much fear in you?
    take you to Jedi Masters, only after eating first?

If the answers are yes, congrats! You have a Jedi in training. But watch out for severed hands and electrical attacks.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Hee hee! I'm sure your mother-in law would be...um...honored to have the resemblance to a little wrinkly green puppet....sure? Who wouldn't?
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

without wanting to jump on the bandwagon here, my dear departed Grandmother bore an uncanny resemblance to Yoda. I have a big picture hanging in my hallway of the wise old green sage and every time I pass I'm reminded of Granny. she didn't have the ears though.... and wasn't green.... But she did have a hump on her back and frizzy wispy hair and a wandering eye.

That was silly, but she did look like Yoda.

ok, i clicked on this and i'm like "what the hell?" You guys are getting weirder by the day
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
    ok, i clicked on this and i'm like "what the hell?" You guys are getting weirder by the day

I certainly hope so!
    Last edited by Fulit; 10-09-2001 at 06:08 PM.

Re: Yoda is my mother-in-law

Originally posted by Fulit
    Yoda is my mother-in-law

I wonder what your father-in-law is?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: Re: Yoda is my mother-in-law

Originally posted by GNT

I wonder what your father-in-law is?
    He's a clerk at U.S.A. Drug.

I had a friend in the Army years ago that reminded me of Chewie,but without the hair,and a drill that would have made Vader look like a boy scout.
    Last edited by Obi-Don; 10-11-2001 at 09:44 AM.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."