Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Haley Joel Osment should have been Anikin.

He would have been the perfect actor for Anikin. It would have improved the quality of the movie immensley.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I see Darth people.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

He was kinda annoying Sixth Sense. In A.I. he wasn't bad, but can you imagine how much he would've cried when Episode 1 didn't get the awards it was nominated for?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

To be blunt: No. He would have been just as bad as Jake Lloyd, IMO.
    I still stick with my feelings about getting relatively unknown actors and actresses to play the roles in Star Wars movies.
    As I see it, the OT didn't have big name stars, except for Alec Guiness, and possibly Peter Cushing (I don't know - I wasn't alive back then). But, do you think Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford (even though he was in at least one movie before ANH) were considered really big names back then? Doubt it. And the movie was great. It wasn't commercialized, and it didn't need super huge Hollywood names in the opening credits to get people to watch it.
    Jake Lloyd was horrible, and that's is the only real problem I have with the Phantom Menace. His acting sucked and he just didn't "have it".

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

What exactly is this aforementioned "it" he was supposed to have?

He's a child actor in role that involves cheesy dialogue, what did you expect?

I ask a lot of questions, don't I?
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Originally posted by billfremore
    What exactly is this aforementioned "it" he was supposed to have?

He's a child actor in role that involves cheesy dialogue, what did you expect?

I ask a lot of questions, don't I?
    No, not really - I ask a whole lot more (just not in public) .
    Uh, I don't know what I was expecting. Just everytime that kid spoke, I cringed. "I saw your laser sword..." "Yipee!" Some of it wasn't too bad, but there were some parts where you know a little kid like that would say it with more passion than he did. Like with the "Yipee's"...if a kid was going to say that, he'd say it. When Lloyd did it, he sounded like he was reading from a cue card. I just feel that somewhere, some other kid could have done that better. I don't know. I just like to rant. Can you tell?

End...
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

No you hide your desire to rant very well

Ahh who knows, maybe lucas will digitally replace every character eventually and have James Earl Jones' voice raised up 10 octaves and redub Jake Lloyd's lines.

Think about it, it could happen.
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Originally posted by billfremore
    No you hide your desire to rant very well

Ahh who knows, maybe lucas will digitally replace every character eventually and have James Earl Jones' voice raised up 10 octaves and redub Jake Lloyd's lines.

Think about it, it could happen.
    Yes, or Lucas could do like the South Park episode last night and replace everyone with Ewoks. That would be, to say the least, freaky. And I like Ewoks!

End .

I like Ewoks too...

...broiled with a white wine sauce
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Originally posted by Lman316
    do you think Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford (even though he was in at least one movie before ANH) were considered really big names back then?
    Actually, Mark Hamill was already considered a teen hearthrob back then with a good deal of television exposure (not to mention having his face on the cover of every teen magazine of the time!), and was generally considered one of Hollywood's hot up-and-coming talents. Even Carrie Fisher was known as the daughter of Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.