Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm not meaning to needlessly dig this up (really, I'm not), but I saw a Google Bot looking at it just now, and it made me wonder: do they even make pogs anymore? Did they ever catch on at all?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think Milhouse talking about pogs on The Simpsons was the kiss of death.

Now we have Marbs. Keep up with the times. (I don't see them lasting either.)

Despite my mocking of the pogs as pieces of garbage 3 + years ago in this thread, I must say that I do own some. I got a few packs back in the mid-90s and even put them into collector pages, so they are a part of my card collection to this day. I even found a 2-1B pog in there when I last looked!

I still have a handful of the TPM KFC/PH/TBell "pogs" and one or two promo pogs from (I think) Doritos, probably in 1997 when the SEs were being released.

To answer your question Chux, I think they're dead.

Now some special SSG pogs would be a real collectors item.

(Part of me, is scared to say that even in jest.)

They're not dead, till they're warm and dead, burried, and a few people have peed on their grave followed by dancing.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    They're not dead, till they're warm and dead, burried, and a few people have peed on their grave followed by dancing.
    I'm guessing you don't get invited to a lot of wakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineernerd View Post
    I'm guessing you don't get invited to a lot of wakes.
    Since I stopped "working" as an altar boy 15+ years ago, nope. $5 for 2 hours, food, and getting out of Catholic School math class...so priceless.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)