Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thought you would hate but didn't

I know,enough of the movie questions. I thought I would hate the movie ,As Good as it Gets.But I found myself liking it within the first few minutes.Jack is the best no matter what he is in.

What movie had this effect on you?
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Titanic. Ok Leo's in it, it's a lovey dovey story, a lot of teenyboppers that I know said that it made them cry, etc etc. I'm thinking "Ugh- i bet this movie is gonna be a great big pile of suck." Then, I saw it, and it's like "Wow- this movie is truly amazing"
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Thumbs up

The matrix...i was impressed, i thought this was just your normal kung-fu movie, but IMO it is much more than that.
    As always...........L

I left both Se7en and the Usual Suspects thinking "Wow! I just saw an incredibly good movie." I didn't know a lot about either film before I saw it. It's really hard to get me to think about how good a movie really is right after you walk out, especially in recent years. Moulin Rouge also left me that way. Usually it's the other way around, like I'll be expecting a really good film and wind up with crap. Hannibal and Blair Witch were that way for me. I was let down even more than usual with those two, and as a result they become the worst films of the year.

SO this is now a two part question. Which films suprised you and which films do you hate more than ever because they "betrayed" your expectations?

Thumbs up

I agree with Rollo in Hannibal...it was just a dissapointment...all the good the silence of the lamb was...is reversed in this one.
    As always...........L

I actually almost didn't go see O Brother Where Art Thou for lack of interest, but it turned out to be one of my favorite movies of last year (behind only Almost Famous).

Expected less, got more:
    - The Mummy
    - The Matrix
    - The Waterboy
    - Deuce Bigalow - Male Gigalo

Expected more, got less:
    - Alien Resurrection
    - Titan AE
    - Chasing Amy
    - The Sixth Sense
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, did you see Sixth Sense AFTER all the build-up and hype? I saw it opening day and thought it was a great film, but friends of mine waited and saw it four months later and when they got to the "suprise" ending that EVERYBODY had been talking about, they were like "That was it??" I can completely see their point of view about overhyping that ending. It wasn't worth all the hooplah. But the film and acting were still solid, especially the relationship between Toni Collette and Haley Joel. However, I can see you being let down after everybody built the ending into some kind of "unlock the secret of the universe" ending when it really wasn't.

The 6th sense had a suprise ending? Not much of a suprise. I knew he was dead before I even saw the movie and nobody told me anything about the movie either.