Something I Noticed About Royal Guards...

Okay, I wanna start out by saying that I don't know of this being previously reported, and if it has been, then I apologize for bringing it up again. However, if this is the first time anyone has caught sight of this, I want to tell the variation hunters to take a deep breath until we can get this sorted out .
    Well, today, as I've stated on other threads, I found a Palpatine. I wanted to display him, so I set up my one open royal guard and got another carded one ready to open. I popped that sucker out and set them up side by side behind Palpatine. Something didn't look right though. The new one was different.
    My first one has a wider shoulder structure and a longer helmet than my new one. Also, their left hands seems slightly different, and the biggest difference that caught me was right under their helmets, on their chests. The first one I had has two folds in the cloak, but you can see more towards the top. The second one has two folds too, but it's cut off towards the top.
    I have included a picture to give you an idea, but I don't know that it's that easy to pick these out. They're very subtle, but they're there.
    Basically, the second one I opened is smaller as far as width, but he does appear to be taller.
    So, has this been mentioned before? Do we have yet another variation?

End...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royalguardcomparison.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	2757  
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Jonna
    Maybe it was left in the sun and stretched out. I have a guard that has one leg longer than the other. He did not have his V8.

Here is a second picture, closer to the helmets. I circled the area that I'm talking about.
    In this picture, my first one is on the right, second one on the left. The first picture I posted, it's the other way around...

End...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royalguardcomparison2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	2758  
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Originally posted by Jonna
    Maybe it was left in the sun and stretched out. I have a guard that has one leg longer than the other. He did not have his V8.
    No, it's a different sculpt. My camera sucks (it's supposed to be good, but isn't), so I can't get this across very well. But the helmets are different sculpts and the fronts of the cloaks are different sculpts. They're just very subtle.
    I don't know...

End .

Weird . . . try holding the figures so that the helmets are lined up at the bottom. From that second pic, it looks like the helmet extends lower, but the top is also lower.
    Maybe there's a difference in the body that gives the appearance of the helmet being "longer" ?

Maybe we have a variaton but you will not be able to tell unless you have two you can put side by side.

You could tell by looking at the production date.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

I have six open and I noticed that on a couple the robes were showing more neckline than on the others. I tugged and shoved the robes and the heads around a bit and they all evened out.
    It's possible that the production process meant that the robes were further forward when the heads went on, on some. Bearing in mind that the pieces come out of many different molds some of them may be slightly shrunken of mis-shaped as the vinyl cools or warped in the packaging. The robes look the same to me but one looks as though it's been fitted in a more forward position giving the impression that there's more robe than there is.
    On the helmets, if the visors are painted slightly differently and one has less paint, then the helmet looks slightly longer. I've got that on one of mine. I plan on correcting it with some paint but I may leave it as it's a fiddly job and I can't be bothered with it that much.
    Looks more like a production error than a variant to me.