Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Haggie, what I'm concerned about is the possibility of losing "play features" such as moving parts and opening doors, those have always been "play features" in Galoob's eyes and if Hasbro dumps those, THAT is what will make me mad. I don't know if that's the case yet though, so I'm asking Hasbro about that issue and some others.

I originally flipped over Action Fleet because the Snowspeeder reminded me of my beloved die cast Snowspeeder I lost in the sand "tundra of Hoth". Personally, I could live without missiles like that in the Falcon, but the TIE Bomber's missile is so well-concealed and makes use of an otherwise-hollow section that I have fallen in love with it.

Basically, it feels like Action Fleet fans are being used and abused by Hasbro on this one, they took a great line and halted it, then used its name to make inferior products. And it's not like they're releasing the Series Alpha AAT or Podracer, or the Star Destroyer or Death Star, Boles Roor's or Neva Kee's podracers, Trade Fed shuttle, etc..

And if Hasbro wants to release figureless vehicles, why don't they release the cancelled wave 3 of Ep 1 Die Casts - the Naboo Fighter, Anakin's Podracer, the Gungan Sub, Trade Fed Lander & the MTT? It seems like they're just killing time till we give up and forget entirely about MM (luckily, that'll never happen). Come to think of it, why not retool the old X-rays that never got turned into Die Casts and release them that way as well?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JEDI TRICKS,

Your right no spring loaded missiles were ever needed on the AF to keep them attractive to kids and collectors,the product development money would have been better spent on detail or figures.

And your right again,there is no excuse why the rest of EP-1 AF's and MM's were not released,sure sales of the first wave were slow at first but after awhile sales surpassed the 3 3/4 inch toyline,I remember the merchants couldn't even give away the 3 3/4 inch toyline,so instead of just prunning the branches hasbro decided to chop the whole freakin tree down!

I hoped one day I'll see AF Dash Rendar's OUTRIDER to compliment the VIRAGO but with hasbro still in control I'll be playing a harp before that happens.
    Last edited by SID; 07-17-2002 at 11:53 PM.
    "This is Space Intruder Detector"

yeah....

Originally posted by SID
    I hoped one day I'll see AF Dash Rendar's OUTRIDER to complement the VIRAGO but with hasbro still in control I'll be playing a harp before that happens.
    Me too, but I guess I'll be playing my fiddle watching Christendom burn whilst you pluck your Harp. We ForuMMers could almost have an orchestra going by then

jeddah

Re: yeah....

Originally posted by jeddah

Me too, but I guess I'll be playing my fiddle watching Christendom burn whilst you pluck your Harp. We ForuMMers could almost have an orchestra going by then

jeddah
    Huh,what? I don't think so!
    Last edited by SID; 07-17-2002 at 08:31 PM.
    "This is Space Intruder Detector"

Hasblow wants to save money and concentrate on details and not playablity and figs? Notice they are not worried about the detailing or playablity of the 3 3/4 inch lines. They're so conserned about details, do away with the 3 3/4 inch figures movable joints and weapons.

Wait they can't the line won't sell, but, why would Hasblow think the ActionLESS Fleet will?
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!