Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Who has all 96?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    That was very bold of you to say.
    Well, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jediguy
    I have all of the vintage figures, including a trilogo Yakface
    unfortunately it has a huge price tag on the front of the card, right above the bubble
    I love seeing my Toys R Us and Best Products stickers on my cards; forget the "loss" of value. Especially the $2.99 prices.
    "That's what Sheev said."

By the original definition here, I do have all of those plus ewoks and droids (not vlix), but no Blue snaggle.

My R2 with sensor scope is probably sans sensorscope, my original R2 is missing his body sticker. My original Threepio is missing a hand (He saved luke in one of my Luke versus vader scenarios)

My EV-9D9 is also missing a leg...so I don't know if my collection qualifies as complete.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Thanks, and glad they work. I bought all of those after the fact but years ago, compared to todays prices i didnt pay anything. I think everything in those pictures together cost me no more than 500.00 and that was spread out over time.
    Wow that Fett is worth double that ALONE! Very nice.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

When I first created this thread it was about a year before my bankruptcy that forced me to sell off my entire vintage collection in 2002. Since then I have been picking up a few figures here and a few figures there over the years, and finally decided to do a count today. I have 47 of the 96 vintage loose figures! It'll be 48 when the Romba I won off of ebay arrives in the mail.

Kind of a surprise, I had no clue that I was almost halfway to owning a complete vintage figure collection again.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BB, how's your collection coming???
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    BB, how's your collection coming???
    Well, it's taken a few steps backwards in the last couple of years. When the economy went south, I lost a really big client that I did a lot of design work for as well as one of my part time jobs. So, for a few months I was forced to sell off segments of my collection to help pay the bills.

I haven't done an official count recently, but I'm pretty sure that I'm down to less than 20 figures again. But I still managed to keep many of my most prized vintage toys. "Prized" in the sense that they mean a lot to me and were significant toys from my childhood, not "prized" based on secondary market value.

Anyways, things have stabilized for me again, so I'm back to buying the occasional figure here and there. In fact, I just won this figure on Ebay this afternoon:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1197wt_1167

I seriously doubt that I will ever reach the point where I get the urge to own all 96 figures again. But I would rather have a few meaningful items than boxes of stuff that I don't care about.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I have a large vintage collection, but I never did get all the figures.

Here are ones I own(ed) and can't seem to find:

Bespin Security Guard (white) - I had 2-3 of these guys and can't find one now
    Zuckuss

It's possible they may still be sitting in some vintage vehicle after all these years.

---

And those POTF figures I remember seeing at retail and couldn't afford to buy at the time:

Barada
    EV-9D9
    Imperial Dignitary
    Imperial Gunner
    Romba
    Warok

I don't have the A-Wing pilot from the DROIDS line and I couldn't afford to collect the EWOKS at all.