Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has all 96?

Actually there are 113 (98 movie figures + 15 Cartoon figures) total vintage Star Wars figures.

92 Movie figures including POTF
    1 Yak Face (never released in US)
    1 Blue Snaggle Tooth (Sears Cantina Playset only)
    3 Jabba's Band Members (Sy, Droopy, ect.)
    1 R2 D2 w/ third leg (from Droid Factory,combine 5 parts to 1 figure)
    6 Ewoks Cartoon figures (Wicket, Logray, King & Lady Gornesh ect)
    9 Droids Figures (3PO, R2, Tigg Fromm, Jord Dusat, Kea Moll ect)

Giveing us a grand total of 113
    I don't think that any of us count Vlix as a actually figure becasue Kenner never actually made him. It was a Glaslite product. So, that puts him in the same category as the Uzay figures that don't count.

I have 107 of these 113. Loose near mint to mint and complete with weapons and coins. I'm only missing 6 of the Droids and Ewok Cartoon figures (Wicket, Lady Gorneesh, Jann Tosh, Uncle Gundy, Tigg Fromm, & Sise Fromm).

I've been at this since '78 and in the last 2 years have really polished off my collection with the "money figures" that I never found as a kid. By the end of this year I plan (hope) to have the remaing 6 in my collection. Thus, haveing a complete vintage figure collection !
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Your still missing a few icatch9. The first C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't on your list. So its more like 115 on your list. My list is 100 because I don't count 3 leg R2 and won't be collecting Ewoks or Droids figures. But the number of vintage figures is highly debatable.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Originally posted by LusiferSam
    Your still missing a few icatch9. The first C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't on your list. So its more like 115 on your list. My list is 100 because I don't count 3 leg R2 and won't be collecting Ewoks or Droids figures. But the number of vintage figures is highly debatable.
    The first R2 and 3P0 are included in the 92 original movie figures(including POTF). Unless you mean something else. I think you mean the 3P0 that dose not have removable limbs and the R2 that is plain (no sensor scope or pop up light saber). Still they are included in the 92.

I don't like the Droids and Ewoks figures either, but they are part of the line. No matter how much we wish they weren't. They are as much a part of the Star Wars Universe as Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade. It's just those two are popular and cool. The Droids and Ewoks may be dorky and silly looking, but they still say Star Wars, they still say LFL on thier legs, and they are still made by Kenner.

The 3rd leg R2 is a toss up. Sure it's not a carded figure, but niether is the Blue Snaggletooth. It is in peices are is more like the Han Solo in Carbonite that comes w/ Slave 1, but I still have it and count it as part of my figure collection.

I agree that the number is always debateable. Most collections even so called complete collections should always come with an *. Noteing exclusions and reasons why. I plan on haveing no *'s when I finish my collection (only 6 more to go ). Except for the one for Vlix, but there are only like 5 of him in the world and Kenner didn't make him (Glasslite did).

I have all 101 figures (what I consider the total amount), plus 18 variations. The only ones I'm missing are DT Luke, vinyl caped jawa, yak face and blue snaggletooth. I have repros of these two that are sweet looking, so I don't know if I'm going to shell out the big bucks to get the real deal. I have DT Luke, Ben and Vader, but of course the sabers are all repros. Vinyl cape jawa's got a fake cape too. Aw, well...I too don't collect the Ewoks of Droids line. Lame...

Okay, okay. You've all forced me to do something I loathe above all things in the world: make a list. Wait a minute; I LOVE making lists! Hooray!

R5-D4
    R2-D2
    Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Death Squad/Star Destroyer Commander
    Death Star Droid
    Greedo
    Hammerhead
    Han Solo
    Jawa
    Luke Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot
    Power Droid
    Princess Leia Organa
    Sand People
    C-3PO
    Snaggletooth (Blue)
    Snaggletooth (Red)
    Stormtrooper
    Walrus Man
    Cloud Car Pilot
    2-1B
    4-LOM
    R2-D2 with Sensorscope
    AT-AT Commander
    AT-AT Driver
    Bespin Security Guard
    Bossk (Bounty Hunter)
    C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
    Dengar
    FX-7 (Medical Droid)
    Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
    Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
    IG-88
    Imperial Commander
    Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot
    Lando Calrissian
    Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
    Lobot
    Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
    Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Rebel Commander
    Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Ugnaught
    Yoda
    Zuckuss
    8D8
    Admiral Ackbar
    AT-ST Driver
    B-Wing Pilot
    Bespin Security Guard
    Bib Fortuna
    Biker Scout
    Chief Chirpa
    Emperor's Royal Guard
    Gamorrean Guard
    General Madine
    Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
    Klaatu
    Klaatu (In Skiff Guard Outfit)
    Lando Calrissian (Skiff Disguise)
    Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
    Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
    Lumat
    Nien Nunb
    Nikto
    Paploo
    Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
    Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho)
    Prune Face
    Rancor Keeper
    Rebel Commando
    Ree-Yees
    Squid Head
    Teebo
    The Emperor
    Warok
    Weequay
    Wicket W. Warrick
    A-Wing Pilot
    Amanaman
    Anakin Skywalker
    Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) with Pop Up Lightsaber
    Barada
    EV-9D9
    Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber)
    Imperial Dignitary
    Imperial Gunner
    Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
    Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)
    Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
    Romba
    Yak Face

That makes 97. Luke Bespin or original aren't separate figures because they have yellow and brown hair. Small/Big head Han, maybe. Luke Jedi blue and green sabers, no. Different collar Bespin Leia, no. Rebo Band, no. Wind-up R2, probably not.

That's my 97 cents worth...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Here's something to chew on: if a variation is a different version of an existing figure, then wouldn't the original release of the fig be the standard version, and the change the "variation"? Therefore, the cloth cape jawa, big head han, chewie w/ black gun, red snaggletooth, regular lightsaber luke, etc, would be the "variation".
    Bel-Cam Jos, why don't you count the Rebo band as figures? I could see not counting Jabba and Salacious because they're more like models or beasts, but I would think the band would count, because they really are action figures. Is it because they were released as a set and not individually carded?

I'm with Alisard on this one. Jabba's band should be considered in the set. They have everything every other figure has. If you go the "not on card, then it's not a figure" route then Blue Snaggletooth isn't a figure either becasue he never came on a card.

I think these lists all depend who's makeing them. Basically it seems to me that if you have them you count them and if you don't have them you don't count them (probally becasue you don't want to buy them). So, as I stated above most all lists should be followed by an *. Leading to a brief description of what you feel is complete.

Your logic on the variations is pretty sound, but variations arn't very logical. Variations are the root of all that is evil in this hobby. Anyway, it seems to me that the variation is always the one that is more rare. This is due to the fact that one of them is common (or easy to find). Thus the plastic cape jawa was first but only 100 exist in the world. Where as the cloth cape jawa was second, but 1millinon exist in the world. That's just the way it goes. Which ever one is the rarest is the "variation" even though 99% of the expensive "variations" did come out first.

That makes sense, icatch9. The "variation" would be the rarer of the two.
    I got my list of 119 figures from the Vintage Action figure poster I got from the Star Wars Fan Club a few years back, I'm sure you guys remember it. Anyway, this shows the basic figs, including the Rebo band, but not Jabba and Salacious. That's where I got my number of 119, since there are 18 variations there. I know there are countless others, but since this poster is my collecting bible, I stick to that. Otherwise my hunt for variations would never end. I think the 18 on that poster are the most commonly accepted ones that are considered variation.
    But I know everybody has a different opinion on how many figs there are, and it really is up to each collector. You have to have a basis to start with. If you say I am collecting 96 figures, because that's all I think there is, then you'd know enough to stop at 96. Well, probably not...this hobby is addicting!!!

As with the Vintage line as well as the current lines, I count every unique figure as a separate entity whether it came on a card or not. No point in discriminating based on method of shipment.

In my personal inventory, I count standard humans and aliens as "figures" and larger non-sentient creatures as "beasts." The fuzzy area comes in with something like the Mynock, which is almost too small to be considered a "figure of it's own" but I toss that in with the beasts. The Probot, both Vintage and New, is another one of those "do I put it with the Beasts or the Vehicles" questions. It's a droid, like any other, but not necessarily a "figure" in the same vein as R2.

Any feedback on that issue?

I follow the rule of 99, the 96 plus the Rebo Band. As for Blue Snaggs, I don't count him as anything more than a variant.
    It wasn't planned in advance to release 2 different versions; I see him as a "running change" albeit a major change.

Going by that method, that allows me to say that the other Threeps and Artoos are not variations, because they were planned as new figures. Resculpts, yes - variations, NO.

Cool thread - I never read this one before! Good points everyone, I like the question about the 3rd leg Artoo - but wow, I never knew there was such controversy over the Rebo Band!

Hmm, 3rd Leg Artoo . . . I want to label it as a playset variant, but since he was "planned" as a part of the set it would contradict my earlier guideline . . . maybe since you can build him he really is more of an accessory? Not sure . . .

stillakid, good question about the Probe Droid, I'm on the fence with that one for now.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 09-27-2002 at 01:18 PM.