Thread: Why so dead?

Why so dead?

What's up guys...

I used to visit these forums back in the day-2001-2002 and they were very busy. I've been on a collecting hiatus and recently been on Scum. Just wondered if there's a big vintage collecting community on here anymore.

late

ganja

I do buy Vintage stuff eevry so often. Havent done so for awhile. Trying to find decent stuff at a decent price is a hassel. It took me 3 years to find a good deal on an Ewok Village. I do look, but havent recently
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I participate on the boards in this section fairly regularly (I need to; I'm its Mod ), but in terms of buying, I'm pretty much done (still searching for a couple POTF Mini Rigs, replacing some less-than-mint loose figures, but no desire to start Droids or Ewoks, nor looking for carded ones). Like a vintage Kenner product, the interest's still there, but you have to look carefully.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I guess I'm finally picking up some of the stuff I'm been wanting for years. It's weird when the collecting virus will hit you. I might not go in my Star Wars room for months, but one day "shizam" you're on a collecting spree. The wife doesn't like it to much because she wants a pool, but oh well.

I don't really think there ever was that big a vintage community. It was much more active in that period of time. As to why it's not as active now? I don't know. Maybe people have completed their collections, lost interest, or moved to other sites. Scum has a much larger vintage community, with some truly major collector as members, then we do. I myself might have jumped ship, but here I can be a big fish in a small pond. And my wrath has been invoked the behavior of some of particular individuals (never a good sign) elsewhere.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

The economy....

I'd like to get myself back into collecting some Vintage figs.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

i buy occasional vintage figures but for the most part all i'm missing is a few of the HTF POTF figures and the variations ie Blue Snaggletooth, Vinyl Caped Jawa.

as far as vehicles and playsets...just don't have the room to hold onto everything and display everything.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I pretty much got what I wanted over a couple of years, around 2007-2008; just a basic figure collection of about 45 figures, a couple vehicles, and 2 vinyl carrying cases.

Still looking (not very hard these days) for a decent Walrus Man with good tusks (at a decent price!), and a nice red Snaggletooth, though.

When the only thing you really are looking for are Micro Collection items for under $25 you tend not to have much to talk about ever. Well I did find one Bespin Gantry last year on this site so I finally have 2/3 of Bespin (had the freeze chamber from childhood).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)