Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is "Ambu Fett"?

The name "Ambu Fett" came up several times during the production of AOTC, and Lucasfilm even secured the domain name for it. Who is Ambu Fett, or what was Ambu Fett suppoed to be? Anyone got any theories? The only thing I can think of is that it might've been an alternate possible name for the character we now know as Jango Fett. Perhaps Boba was originally supposed to have a mother? Maybe there were to have been more Mandalorians at some point? Maybe one of the clones was supposed to be given a name? Does any think this name might show up somewhere in Ep. 3?
    Last edited by RooJay; 07-11-2002 at 05:42 PM.

I had heard that Ambu Fett was going to be the "name" for the clones, or something like that. It's possible that it could be resurrected for something in Ep III, although I personally think we have enough Fett's, even though they are really cool.

mmmm not sure but i think someone said that it was going to be Boba Fett's mother and Jango Fett's wife... always sounded like "yeah right" to me but it's all part of the speculation.

hm, well jango was obviously secured too so maybe GL was deciding between the two names...
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Sounds like a name for a monkey - the real Boba Fett.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think that is the generic clonetrooper name--and each clone is named Ambu1, Ambu2, etc.

Or, maybe it's like EU where Luke's clone was named Luuke--so the clonetroopers might be named Ambuu, Aambu, Aambuuu...etc.

Ambu Fett is Mr. Hyde persona of Jango Fett...

Seriously...i dont know.
    As always...........L

I thought I had read that the "boba" name was a designation for younger clones. They were then classified as "ambu" when they were older and fully trained.

Originally posted by DeadEye
    I think that is the generic clonetrooper name--and each clone is named Ambu1, Ambu2, etc.
    [color=dark-blue].....Ambu5,384,159, Ambu5,384,160..... [/color]

I remember this name too. Someone had come out with their own line of custom Mandalorian Warrior EP2 figures and one was Ambu Fett. I think it's main color was yellow.

Anyone else see this? It was linked to an SSG news item.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas