Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldmember!!

I guess the movie won't be as good as the other two but I will probably see it in the theater anyways
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Goldmember has been getting some really good reviews here in the UK, they say it's better than the 2nd. So if you liked the 2nd you'll like the 3rd. I can't wait until it opens on friday, I'm going to watch it.
    I suppose I'll have to find a date, I can't go on my own I always go and skit people who as for "Just the one ticket please" .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by pthfnder89

If you mean funniy as in Haha, look how horrible this is, then you're probably right.

I loved the original Austin Powers, but The Spy Who Shagged Mw was cinematic excrement, and Goldmember will probably be more of the same. I just hope to god Heather Graham doesn't have a cameo in the begining like Liz Hurely did, or else I'll just leave at the first sight of her to distance myself from her "acting" abilities.
    No way, the second improved upon the first. I can't friigin' wait to see Goldmember.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

One movie was funny. One movie was enough.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Re: Goldmember!!

Originally posted by scruffziller
    I have heard that the first ten minutes is probably the funniest in cinema history.
    Well, no. But it was close to the funniest ten minutes. At first I thought the beginning was going to be a spoof of the opening of MI:2 with Cruise climbing on the rocks. Turns out I was half right.

I didn't like the Goldmember character. Meyers characters are becoming more and more skeletal. Just him doing a dumb voice with some stereotyping.

Beyonce Knowles' entire purpose in the movie seemed to be to have a nice rack and show off her tummy. Not that I'm complaining.

Michael Caine was hilarious. The original supporting players are getting less and less to do thanks to multiple-Meyers hogging the screen. Mindy Sterling barely even registered a line in the film. She was simply window dressing. Robert Wagner did his "We've invested in..." shtick then he got busted down to "visual continuity/setpiece" Seth Green got in his back-n-forth across the table (though lord knows what it was about. That turnip has been squeezed dry...) and has more to do in the end, but most of the non-Meyers camera time went to Verne Shroyer and Beyonce's lithe, supple, nubile, scantily clad body.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Where was I?

The movie was funny in a self referential juggernaut kind of way. The Austin Powers movies are less about plot (this ones about using a giant tractor beam tugging an asteroid made of gold into the polar ice caps, creatring a deluge across the world unles....the whole one meelion dollars shtick) and more about showcasing Meyers multiple personalities ( a dwindling supply) and his ability to reference obscure junior high toilet humor (some of them were pretty funny). The juggernaut rolls on, they are talking of a 4th film.

If you laughed hard at the first two (and I did) you'll enjoy this one.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Can anyone tell me who the cameos are at the beginning? I've heared that Tom Cruise is one but I don't know if it's true or not.

I've got my ticket for 7:20 tonight so I suppose I'll find out then but if anyone can tell me before I go I'll be most grateful.

I'm hoping the cinema isn't packed because of the Big Brother Final (Jonny to win!!!) cause there's alway's screaming teenagers running around when going to see a 12 movie!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yeah, Pendo, I'll probably see this too, either tonight or tomorrow. I'm glad we'll finally get to see sharks with laser beams attached to their heads, which I've been waiting for since the first movie.

I am going to see it tomorrow night. Crap! There are about 10 movies I haven't seen. I am normally up on these things.

Eight Legged Freaks, Bourne Identity, Minority Report, Goldmember, Mr. Deeds....I think that's all.....who knows.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Just got back, it was excellent. I think it was actually better then the first 2. Pendo, the special guests starts include, Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow, Steven Spielburg, John Travolta, Kevin Spacey, Danny Devito, Quincy Jones, and Brittany Spears. The opening is great, but the rest of the film is even better. Mini-Me is great!!! I may need to grab a Mini-Me avatar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JJB,

Which AP movie did you prefer? I loved the first one, but hated the 2nd. I thought the first one succeeded on wit and subtle humor (well, at least by today's comedic standards), but I did not like the second one, I thought it just recycled the jokes of the first making longer louder and dirtier. I am curious to know whether this one closer to the first one, if so, then I'm there.