Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldmember!!

I liked them both, but I liked #2 more because I just love Mini-Me. He's like a chihuaua, everytime I see him he makes me want to laugh. He's great in this one. I wish they wouldn't have brought Fat Basterd back though.

The toilet humor was bad in AP2, and it's right up there in this one also. But I do like how they resolve his charecter. Infact I like what they did with all the charecters. I heard that the DVD will have 30 minutes of deleted footage. Yipee!!

By the way, the opinion that they recycled jokes in AP2, and some in this one was not lost on the filmmakers. There is a really witty scene where they poke fun at the franchise for it. I was rolling in the isles.

Oh, I guess I should answer your question. It felt more like #1 to me, then #2. I know there is a joke there, somewhere.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-26-2002 at 03:05 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well I for one am really looking forward to seeing Goldmember. I have tickets for tonight at 7:30 and I can't wait.
    Thanks alot for your review, JJB. That makes me even more psyched to see it.
    However I must say that I am glad Fat Bastard is in this one also. I thought his character was one of the funniest in AP2.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Just got back, it was excellent. I think it was actually better then the first 2. Pendo, the special guests starts include, Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow, Steven Spielburg, John Travolta, Kevin Spacey, Danny Devito, Quincy Jones, and Brittany Spears. The opening is great, but the rest of the film is even better. Mini-Me is great!!! I may need to grab a Mini-Me avatar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Don't forget the Osbornes!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

His charecter was good, but the toilet humor was way over the top in AP2. They did scale it back a bit, because FB doesn't have as big a part as he did in AP2. So while they do get the jokes in, it doesn't bog the whole movie down with them. But while I orignally hated the idea that they brought him back for the sequel, I do like what they did with the charecter.

As I said above, I like what they did with all the charecters. I don't know if a 4th film is really possible, though. It's left open for one at the end, just like #1 and #2. But after everything that transpires, I'm not sure if it would work as well. I think Myers is getting a little sick of the charecters anyway.
    Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Don't forget the Osbornes!
    Yeah, that was funny. As I said, the film isn't afraid to make fun of the fact that they recycle jokes from the earlier films. I'm just glad they had the guts to admit it. I didn't mention them originally though EP, because I was going to keep that cameo quiet, since it ties into the whole self parody thing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm from Holland! isn't that vierd?

They dident explain what happened to Felicity Shagwell!! noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

This room is getting crowded, everyone leave! Not you Scott. Not you Number 2. Frau, Nigel, Goldmember, henchmen carrying the giant rench, you all stay. Henchmen turning nobs so it looks like your doing somthing, you stay too.........This is getting uncomfurtable.
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

Heather Graham's cameo got cut.

The funniest part was the subtitles.

ROLLO!

The film was hillarious!!! I agree with Eternal Padawan, the subtitles was the funniest part, closely followed by the fountain .
    I didn't think the beginning was as funny as everybody was making out, but it was still funny to see Tom Cruise as AP, and the other stars, etc .
    I'd like to have seen the Heather Graham and Elizabeth Hurley scenes which were cut. And I hope there's gonna be a 4th film, there's no reason why there shouldn't be, with Scott Evil as the main bad guy!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni

They didn't explain what happened to Felicity Shagwell
    I heard on on a cable special that got married to a Mr. Allday.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Pendo
    The film was hillarious!!! I agree with Eternal Padawan, the subtitles was the funniest part, closely followed by the fountain .
    I didn't think the beginning was as funny as everybody was making out, but it was still funny to see Tom Cruise as AP, and the other stars, etc .
    I'd like to have seen the Heather Graham and Elizabeth Hurley scenes which were cut. And I hope there's gonna be a 4th film, there's no reason why there shouldn't be, with Scott Evil as the main bad guy!

PENDO!
    C'mon! Steven Spielberg and Gwyneth backflipping off stage? That's gotta be worth something. I was looking forward to the Felicity and Vanessa cameos as well. I still keep waiting for them to use the best cut gag ever from the first film, when they land in the raft at the end for no reason he goes "All my movies end this way, baby!''

That was funny.

ROLLO!

ha ha ha, the little one dosent understand that he is small.....
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.